Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett black label

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
That at seller just had those slabs slabbed with the new label
indont think they all just dropped at the same time

I think if you search bgs black label on eBay you'll find them. The Kris Bryant is listed.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
They look fine, and the distinction with the 4 10s is nice. I don't know why some people are getting so bent out of shape about it. I always though the way they did the white/silver/gold labels made not so much sense. They really should've aligned the gold with Mint or better from the beginning.

One thing they really should do, and maybe they still will, is create a list of all 4x10s currently in the system. I guess that might point to grade inflation if the number increases faster than it has been. But their grading has definitely softened over the years, anyway.

WillBBC

Feb 22, 2012
I don't think yet another label colour is needed, even though a quad-10 is pretty rare. The grade number font is large enough that it stands out just fine IMO. I wish they'd stick to one colour like PSA does.

I could not agree more. The main reason I stick with PSA and have traded/sold a bunch of my BGS slabs is the holder. PSA holders are more about the card than the holder. I don't mind the original BGS labels with the subs on the back but now they just dominate the card.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I could not agree more. The main reason I stick with PSA and have traded/sold a bunch of my BGS slabs is the holder. PSA holders are more about the card than the holder. I don't mind the original BGS labels with the subs on the back but now they just dominate the card.

I can see that would be an issue for some. I am of the opposite opinion though. I prefer the BGS slab over the PSA. The PSA is thin, which can be easier to store but also can crack easier if transporting and is not as tamper proof. I also do not care for the paper red, white and black type labels which are cheap looking. I did not mind so much when BGS had subs on the back but now you do not have to ask the seller the subs to see if it is a candidate for a possible sub grade bump. Just my take.

Members online

Latest posts