Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 National Treasures Hit Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
don't know a lick of Japanese, but that was a fun video to watch. Amazing what they get excited over! Just imagine if the booklet in the first box actually had ink, the dude might have actually collapsed and died on camera! ;)
They sure did like the booklets. Was it just me or were they the most happy about the Jeter Booklet? Pretty cool... I'd say the cut booklet was probably the best hit or the Brock? Or the Yount patch? Just curious what y'all think.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
don't know a lick of Japanese, but that was a fun video to watch. Amazing what they get excited over! Just imagine if the booklet in the first box actually had ink, the dude might have actually collapsed and died on camera! ;)

Fairly sure it's Korean judging by the characters in the video annotation on the right, but yes, it's entertaining to watch people get excited when opening cards

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
They sure did like the booklets. Was it just me or were they the most happy about the Jeter Booklet?

that or the Ichiro swatch. Got me laughing in stitches their overexcitement over the boring, gray Ichiro swatch, one that is easy findable in lots of products over the years.

And yes, they were also giddy about the Jeter booklet which was the genesis of my response a few posts back of if the card actually contained Jeter ink instead of just a large bat chip, the ripper would have collapsed and died on camera since he was giddy over just a jumbo bat chip. Surprised a card /5 didn't have ink!

I would have to say the best hit was the hank greenberg booklet (much better than the brock you mentioned, IMHO). Best "plain" relic card IMHO was the Tris Speaker and best swatch with patch had to be the Yount.

I also wonder if the general outburst comments after every card was: "(player name) certainly is no Sadaharu Oh". ;)

EDIT:

Fairly sure it's Korean judging by the characters in the video annotation on the right, but yes, it's entertaining to watch people get excited when opening cards

Korean, it's still Japanese to me! ;) Yeah, I'll give you the possibility of Korean because they had a big O over that **** card, but then again they may be super giddy over any Asian player, whether Japanese, Taiwanese, Korean, etc.

Last edited:

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
14_combo_prime_zps583cae0c.png

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
Thanks for the kind words. I worked out a deal with [MENTION=1763]moxacaine[/MENTION] here for the Lazzeri/Gehringer, bought the Grove/Gomez from a guy on Blowout, and won the Henrich/DiMaggio on Ebay for much cheaper than I figured it would go for. The DiMaggio piece is not a patch, but it looks like a waistband seam and not a piece of flannel.

I picked up the first two quickly and then when the DiMaggio showed up on Ebay, Cardboard Connection had put out the checklist and I realized this was the last card I needed to complete the Prime parallel set for the All-Decade Combos. I don't know why they didn't put out parallels for the other seven cards in the Combos set, but I'll take it. I never finish patch sets because of the print runs I get involved with.

Last edited:

Members online