Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Atlanta Braves Discussion and Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Woke up to some good news this morning...Freeman hits for the cycle and Jenkins gets the call!

Something to cheer about in the midst of this terrible season for the Braves.

I watched last night. Awful game, both teams are bad but I'd rather be an ATL fan vs Cincy fan. The reds seems to have little to no direction

21ccl

Aug 26, 2012
Huge Braves fan. Hard to watch them the last two months. They seem to be on a roll now. Go Bravos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Huge Braves fan. Hard to watch them the last two months. They seem to be on a roll now. Go Bravos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freeman & Teheran have been leading the way

Speaking of Teheran, he has a 23 consecutive inning scoreless streak going at the moment.

2.46 ERA 3.68 FIP 0.89 WHIP (2nd NL) 106 IP 99 SO 8.4 SO/9 4.13 K/BB .183 BAA (3rd NL) 3.4 WAR (4th NL)

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Freddie Freeman is putting up top 10 MVP candidate type of numbers this season!

.284 avg 23 HR 54 RBI .914 OPS 4.0 WAR

He's 4th in XBH and 7th in Total Bases. His OPS, triples, home runs & slg% are all career highs this year. Top 10 in WAR among NL position players.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Well well well look who it is...haven't seen you in a while due to Blowout. Good to see you are still dealing with the misery of the Atlanta Braves like I am. Today was the first time ALL YEAR that the Braves had a 3 game sweep at home and it's September. As sad as that is hopefully the team ends strong and we have something good going for us at the end of the year.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Well well well look who it is...haven't seen you in a while due to Blowout. Good to see you are still dealing with the misery of the Atlanta Braves like I am. Today was the first time ALL YEAR that the Braves had a 3 game sweep at home and it's September. As sad as that is hopefully the team ends strong and we have something good going for us at the end of the year.

How's it going Rabs. This years team has been miserable but lately our offense has really been coming together. I believe last night was our 7th straight game scoring 7 or more runs per game. I believe we have found our long term solution for the leadoff spot. Inciarte has been killing it, defensively and offensively. He had a 20+ game hit streak earlier and not shortly after losing it he's put together a 10 game hit streak (which would be longer if he hadn't pinch hit one day and end up walking in that only at-bat of the game). Freeman is having an amazing season on the first year of his prime age years. He has found his power stroke which I had always known would eventually come around. On top of this I have a good feeling about our future. I had always expected 2018 to be the year but I think it may come around sooner than expected. Swanson & Mallex Smith show a lot of promise. I'd like to see what Albies can do. Our #1 issue is our pitching and some of our pitching prospects are looking pretty darn good at the moment (Allard, Soroka, Weigel, Anderson, Muller) however Newcomb isn't progressing as I'd hope he would.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
How's it going Rabs. This years team has been miserable but lately our offense has really been coming together. I believe last night was our 7th straight game scoring 7 or more runs per game. I believe we have found our long term solution for the leadoff spot. Inciarte has been killing it, defensively and offensively. He had a 20+ game hit streak earlier and not shortly after losing it he's put together a 10 game hit streak (which would be longer if he hadn't pinch hit one day and end up walking in that only at-bat of the game). Freeman is having an amazing season on the first year of his prime age years. He has found his power stroke which I had always known would eventually come around. On top of this I have a good feeling about our future. I had always expected 2018 to be the year but I think it may come around sooner than expected. Swanson & Mallex Smith show a lot of promise. I'd like to see what Albies can do. Our #1 issue is our pitching and some of our pitching prospects are looking pretty darn good at the moment (Allard, Soroka, Weigel, Anderson, Muller) however Newcomb isn't progressing as I'd hope he would.
Things are good man! It is nice to see us playing better of late and actually scoring some runs. We've won 5 straight which is a shocker. Freeman is having a great year no doubt. Sucks that Mallex Smith got hurt but nice to see Swanson called up. Any idea when Albies will get his chance? We have so many pitching prospects you'd have a think a few of them will pan out at least. Hopefully in a couple years we will be right back at the top of the division. These past few seasons have been brutal.

Do you have a braves pc I can check out?
Here is mine if you want to take a look. Do you have one?

http://s58.photobucket.com/user/HollaMV7/library/Personal Collection/Atlanta Braves?sort=6&page=1

Nice. I cashed out on Kimbrel when his 2011 Topps Chrome autos were selling for around $30 (before he was traded from Atlanta)
. I made some nice bank off of my stash a few years ago. [
QUOTE=Rabs;2399924]Too bad you had to sell it all! I like that Glavine Tribute auto a lot that you have now.

Speaking of Kimbrel, I super collect him and here is my album just for him. Enjoy...

https://sportscardalbum.com/u/rabs/a/personal-collection/craig-kimbrel[/QUOTE]

Members online