Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

to sell or not to sell.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I useually dont sell my cards but I just pulled these 2 and now i think I should. What should I do???
TOM%20GLAVINE_zpsk1aav4rk.jpg

TOM%20GLAVINE%20BACK_zpspvsf3mww.jpg

LEAVY%20LAURENCE_zpswtjpa7ms.jpg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I would want that Marlins Man auto as far away from my collection as possible so yeah, sell for anything you can get

The black Glavine plate ended at $76 delivered recently. The magneta ends in 12 minutes currently at $25 plus shipping. The high bidder on the magneta was the winning bidder on the black. Hold that sucker hostage for at least a 10% price hike of the highest sale.

*update.. Magneta sold for $49 total. High bidder had a nuclear bid in from what I can tell. List for $99 obo and dont take a penny under 80 if its an ebay sale.

Last edited:

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
If they don't fit what you collect, sell! You can use the funds to buy some cards you'll enjoy more.

Try not to do what Dave Anthony said though- holding cards intentionally hostage is a lame move and that karma could come back to bite you. Just run them at auction and let what happens, happens.

If they don't fit what you collect, sell! You can use the funds to buy some cards you'll enjoy more.

Try not to do what Dave Anthony said though- holding cards intentionally hostage is a lame move and that karma could come back to bite you. Just run them at auction and let what happens, happens.

If you want to maximize profit, absolutely do not list that Glavine plate at auction. Considering the information that I provided, that is absolutely the worst advice I have ever seen another collector give on a sports card message board.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
If you want to maximize profit, absolutely do not list that Glavine plate at auction. Considering the information that I provided, that is absolutely the worst advice I have ever seen another collector give on a sports card message board.

*shrug*

Many collectors have helped me in the past. I don't need to hold a card hostage against anyone. Honestly that kind of negativity would bother me more than the extra $12 or whatever.

Too each his own though! I list at .99 and roll the bones! Has served me well.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I agree more on [MENTION=3275]Lancemountain[/MENTION] side. But I would add, have a price in mind you would be content with first. From there it is up to you to do auction or BIN/BO. Your only "wrongdoing" would be to tick off any potential buyers buy being perceived as greedy. Most of us buyers know exactly what recent sales are. Factoring in PayPal and eBay fees you are normally better off selling on a forum and such. Many opinions all around, and great luck with your sales!

Bottom line is this.. List at auction and probably get $50 before shipping and fees. List at Buy it Now get at least $80- $100 on fees. The above posters point about selling on the forums is moot. There is a particular buyer for this card buying Glavine Plates from this set with very high maximum bids on EBAY! Go get your money and don't feel like you should settle for less just because two random people think it is the right thing to do. I took the time to research the information for free so you can maximize YOUR profit. For some reason, people are trying to throw salt in my game. Yall boys wild.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Bottom line is this.. List at auction and probably get $50 before shipping and fees. List at Buy it Now get at least $80- $100 on fees. The above posters point about selling on the forums is moot. There is a particular buyer for this card buying Glavine Plates from this set with very high maximum bids on EBAY! Go get your money and don't feel like you should settle for less just because two random people think it is the right thing to do. I took the time to research the information for free so you can maximize YOUR profit. For some reason, people are trying to throw salt in my game. Yall boys wild.

Throwing salt in your game, wow lol. We all have different opinions and gave them to the OP. The OP simply asked what he should do, simple and vague. You have your opinion to maximize sales (cool!), Lance pointed out a great point about sellers karma (cool and respectful) I pointed out a mix of both and added to simply have a price in mind to be content with as a starting point.

Good luck Bongo!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The last two Marlins Man autographed A&G cards have sold for $6 and $1.99, so it's probably not even worth selling.

That set really takes novelty cards a little too far. I don't see anyone being happy with that pull, even a Marlins fan. It's just a waste of a space on the autograph checklist.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Thanks for all the input guys. The Marlins man sold well at first and those were the sales I saw but now I see they sell for nothing so it wont be worth my time. But i would never hold anything hostage. I would set the price at .99 and let the card ride letting anyone a chance at it. but thanks for all the input guys.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS

Not everyone is a money grubbing *****? Could be why he suggested it. Making it all about the Benjamin's, is despicable. At least IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Members online

Latest posts