Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The new show Pitch on Fox about the first female pitcher is really good.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
What a great show the premiere was tonight.
If you haven't heard of it, it's about a 23-year-old woman named Ginny Baker who becomes the first female Major Leaguer. She's a pitcher for the San Diego Padres.

It had real announcers like John Buck and John Smoltz, and analysts from the MLB network.
Baker's catcher is Mark-Paul Gosseler who was Zack on Saved by the Bell, but he's almost unrecognizable with a thick beard. And her manager is the dad from The Wonder Years.

The premiere tonight had good writing, likeable characters, especially Ginny and the ending was unexpected and sad. Ginny is strong-willed, but vulnerable and nervous so you root for her. She knows she can't throw as hard as men, so she worked with her dad since she was a kid to perfect a certain pitch to give her an advantage.

If you missed tonight's first show, you can probably find it online or your cable on demand. It's on every Thursday night. I hope it gets good ratings and lasts awhile, though I'm not too optimistic since it's a sports show and those rarely get great ratings.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Hmm. I thought the previews looked absolutely awful with terrible acting and an extremely forced premise. Anyone else see it?

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I was listening to a sports show last week and a customer said hey did u see a woman is pitching in the major leagues now? He thought the commercial was for a game, not a show

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It's got a 92% rating from 31 critics on Rotten Tomatoes.
But it came in third place in TV ratings in it's time slot last night, so it may last only one season. Fox has tried so many sports-related shows and they rarely last long. I have a feeling they're going to ruin this show by turning it into a soap opera like Empire to try to get those viewers.

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
To me it seems too much like a night time drama. She cries. She's rejected. Gets hate mail. She dominates. She falls in love with a team mate (insert after game shower scene), she cries some more.

I know this is completely arrogant of me to say after seeing only the previews. But I won't be watching.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Watched it ... love it ... can't believe Zack Morris looks like that now ... here are some custom cards!

ginnybaker.jpg

ginny2.jpg

I'll pass. I am tired of the media trying to shove "diversity" down my throat. This show is no different. When youre watching that show again, take notice of the commercials. Specifically the alarm system commercials.. notice what the burglar looks like...the person playing the burglar on those commercials is not the kind of person I worry about breaking into my home while I sleep. Netflix and Youtube only for me. A lot of brainwashing going on in television shows/commercials to try to hide the truth.... this show is a prime example.. Now the First 48..THAT is show where one can learn all they need to know about this country..

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I just found out she was one of the main stars in Twisted. I LOVED that show ... and then it got cancelled after a season or two :/

If she looked less like Aunt Jemima and more like Jennie Finch, this show would have a better chance of another season. The producers of this show are not targeting their market. People like this girls parents do not care about baseball. NBA yes, MLB, no
I just found out she was one of the main stars in Twisted. I LOVED that show ... and then it got cancelled after a season or two :/

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
If she looked less like Aunt Jemima and more like Jennie Finch, this show would have a better chance of another season. The producers of this show are not targeting their market. People like this girls parents do not care about baseball. NBA yes, MLB, no

Are you trying to come off as racist?

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
ugh, i am watching it now. i still cant get over the "screwball" ugh its a freaking circle change up

EDIT: i also hate that she quit by taking herself out of the game. Pissed me off. i dont care who you are, your ass is gone pulling that crap.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts