Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The new show Pitch on Fox about the first female pitcher is really good.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
ugh, i am watching it now. i still cant get over the "screwball" ugh its a freaking circle change up

EDIT: i also hate that she quit by taking herself out of the game. Pissed me off. i dont care who you are, your ass is gone pulling that crap.

It's a tv show....

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
i also hate that she quit by taking herself out of the game. Pissed me off.
i dont care who you are, your ass is gone pulling that crap.
The manager wanted her gone. It was the owner with money signs in his eyes that overruled him and kept her up.
And you really think any team would demote the first female player after one game, even if she freaked out? It would be a public relations nightmare to give up on her after one start.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
If she looked less like Aunt Jemima and more like Jennie Finch, this show would have a better chance of another season. The producers of this show are not targeting their market. People like this girls parents do not care about baseball. NBA yes, MLB, no
You are a terrible person.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO ONE PLUS using Freedom Card Board mobile app

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
The manager wanted her gone. It was the owner with money signs in his eyes that overruled him and kept her up.
And you really think any team would demote the first female player after one game, even if she freaked out? It would be a public relations nightmare to give up on her after one start.

yeah, i was posting as i was watching it. lol

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I have a feeling they're going to ruin this show by turning it into a soap opera like Empire to try to get those viewers.

FOX is going to ruin it by making it a 42-minute weekly ad for FOX television properties and personalities! ;) Love that Katie Nolan, tho! My sister was over to watch it on the DVR with me and she kept wondering why I kept smiling or laughing throughout the show. It was because of all the FOX promotion that made me smile - every 10 secs or so it seemed like another FOX network show, cable network or on-air personality was weaved into the show. Unbelievable!

Of course the pilot was good. If it sucked, noone would stick around for episode 2. It's what the writers do with the story in ep2 and beyond that will determine if the show stays or goes.

and finally, man that Ali Larter is hot! Even if the story sucks from here on out, I may have to stick with it to see her! ;)

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
Hmmm...a San Diego pitcher relying on on off-speed pitch to get people out. I hope this guy is getting a piece of the pie.

Trevor_Hoffman_2007.jpg

I may binge watch the show later on. Maybe the Padres can win a few games!

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
It's a terrific show and an accurate representation of the pressures of being a professional athlete. Most only see glitz and glamour, this show takes you inside their life and inside their head in a rare and unexpected way. The first episode was fantastic. Not only do I hope there is more than one season, I hope we see the real thing sometime soon - a female in MLB.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Just watched the pilot episode. It was a great show. Not sure how far this story can go without loosing it's flair but the writers have to be creative to have a full season in the works. The ending wasn't what I expected but a good/sad one.

I'll watch episode #2 and if it's keeps my interest, I'll keep it on my watch list.

And yes, FOX cant get enough of themselves in this show. I do wonder who's idea it was to focus on the Ellen DeGeneres & Clinton floral arraignments as the FOX networks arnt exactly Democratic friendly.

Fordman

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Just watched the pilot episode. It was a great show. Not sure how far this story can go without loosing it's flair but the writers have to be creative to have a full season in the works. The ending wasn't what I expected but a good/sad one.

I'll watch episode #2 and if it's keeps my interest, I'll keep it on my watch list.

And yes, FOX cant get enough of themselves in this show. I do wonder who's idea it was to focus on the Ellen DeGeneres & Clinton floral arraignments as the FOX networks arnt exactly Democratic friendly.

Fordman
I think I read that it was green lighted for a second season right away, but I could be wrong. I haven't watched the first episode yet, but plan on getting around to it sometime

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008

I think episode 2 should have concentrated on her second start (rather than blow the plotline of that start at the end of episode 1).

as for ellen/hillary, I figured it was just chicks supporting chick type thing. I didn't think of it as hating dems or not (but I bet many of the PITCH decision-making suits at fox support democrats despite the fact FNC is anti-democrat).

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Going to watch the Season Finale. Only 10 episodes.

does seem short but considering I think I read they had Petco for only 3 weeks, that seems about right. It might also be that FOX execs didn't know how the show would be received/viewed so they didn't take as much risk in ordering 10 episodes rather than a 20+ episode season.

Season 1 of the fantasy baseball show was not too bad.

Members online

Latest posts