Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can 2012 Topps Update Bryce Harper get close to 2011 Mike Trout pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Just curious as I was looking at Trouts 2011 Topps Update which sells for $100 as a BGS 9.5 and its not short printed in anyway and Bryce Harper only sells for $15-$20.

Can Harpers card get close to Trout? If so what has to happen? two more seasons close or better than last season? Or is Trout so high because he is so likeable as well.

Oh and if you don't think Bryce Harper can be likeable please watch this lip sync. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW5CVQzqWlc

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
It might have something to do with the "order" that card came out in, compared to Trout. Tell me if I'm missing something, but--

Trout: 2009 BCD, 2009 Sterling auto/base 2010 Platinum auto/base, 2011 Bowman Chrome and a Bowman's Best insert somewhere. That's what, 7 cards before his first Topps "RC" rookie hit?

Harper: 2010 Bowman Chrome USA, 2011 Bowman, BC, BDPP, Bowman Platinum, Sterling all with autos and base cards, then a crap-ton of inserts, then 2012 had all the Bowman base and insert stuff before that Topps card came out.

Make sense? I'm not saying that's why, but what do you think?

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
bumping this thread because it has gone up significantly since I posted this thread. Trout has double too since i posted this, but my original question was could it reach the $100 Trout was at the time. Its getting there and not looking impossible.

Harper 2012 Topps Update 9.5 then - $15-$20

Raw now - $35-$50
9.5 - $60-$70

glad I own like 5 gems and 20 raw. I may need to cash some of the dupes in for some new cards. I bought most of my base for $2-$3 :)

Last edited:

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
using this thread to show of my quazi rainbow. ill never own the platinum or wood 1/1s

harpupdaterain_zpseqjwzu63.jpg
harperupdatebgs_zps2w8vijzr.jpg

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Isn't this his "true" Topps RC?

s-l1600.jpg

i would say it is but its so SPd i think that most people go after the update.

And damn, thats money right there. I am kicking myself for not getting one for $100 a few years go. but there are a lot of cards on that list. lol

i have the other variations though. yelling and leg kick but those are not as sought after.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Not sure on the Trout but I always think of the 2010 Bowman Chrome USA when I think "Harper Rookie". That product was so hot although the Strasburg played a part in that as well. I thought the main reason the Trout was so expensive is the other cards, comparatively, were so expensive compared to the update rookie that it was the more affordable option. Might be wrong on that though.

Members online