Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2014 Topps (High) Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Nice card!

I guess you have been lurking with being a member +4 years and only ~20 posts haha

Congrats again. I'd love to see it in the hands of a fellow member.

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
Not excited about all the talk and chatter about this product. It is already hitting eBay... doesn't even come out until mid-week... no checklist... cards don't say Tek, etc.... speculation on production run...

All-in-all, just really seems thrown together or an off product. I mean the one and only Belle card on eBay isn't even listed as a possible card in the general "checklist" which just lists how the parallels will look or what the "hits" will be.

Clearly I have an ax to grind because I didn't want Belle in this product but such is life. At this point I just want clarity as to who is in it, what the checklist looks like and we can all move on down the road.

[h=3]2014 Topps High Tek ALBERT BELLE /50 TEKtonics[/h]

allstars

Mar 17, 2009

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
Nobody has mentioned this yet but shouldn't they have a picture of all 12 different versions (patterns) I have already bought the same card twice due to the persons listing statement.

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
My current plan as a player collector is to get the 12 base patterns, 1 each of the colored parallels, 1 each of the autographs & insert, then regroup. It's just going to be so hard to justify laying down the amount of money it will take to get all 96 or however many variations unless they get to a more than reasonable price. Paying $2 or $3 each for '98 Tek patterns is one thing, but chasing dozens of low #d inserts from a brand new set, ick that could be painful on the Paypal balance.

I've always held this attitude for autographs, since RJ autos can be a tad pricey for my budget, that if there are 3 different Museum Collection framed autos, I'm just getting 1 of them. Personally I can't justify paying $200+ each for 2 additional autographs because the ink & frame color are a tad different. Everyone here is probably different, and I'm sure it mainly depends on your budget & your player's card prices.

Who else has a plan for this set, going reasonable or going all the way?

Going mad just thinking about it. The wife wont be happy. lol When I told her I completed the gwynn 90's set in 98 she was like um hummmmmm. I'll be diving in a little but try to stay under control. lol

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
All you who are busting, keep me in mind for any/all Belle cards I guess... he has the base cards, so I'll be on the hunt...

Have you always been from Texas. And why do you collect Albert. I used to watch Albert don't call me Joey Belle in Fenway Park 6 times a year when the indians ruled. They are my second favorite team. I am a Cleveland Cavaliers fan and always loved Manny back in the day. Just curious.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Pulled this bad boy
117b7mp.jpg

Tanaka 7/10. And there aren't a million different variations, this is the only one /10

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Have you always been from Texas. And why do you collect Albert. I used to watch Albert don't call me Joey Belle in Fenway Park 6 times a year when the indians ruled. They are my second favorite team. I am a Cleveland Cavaliers fan and always loved Manny back in the day. Just curious.
Born/raised in Cleveland, OH, so that is where it originated. Moved to Texas over 5 years ago, so haven't been here too long. Actually spent a few years in Boston too before moving to Dallas, so I've been around but Texas is now home for sure. Love it here.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yea, I saw that and actually have exchanged a few PMs with the seller. Obviously $200 BIN isn't happening but he says he is already getting $100+ offers, so either that is bogus or someone is LOVING this product because I know there isn't another Belle guy out there willing to pony up $100+ for this but didn't bid on the 2014 Supreme Auto 1/1 for Belle which I won for $40 a few weeks ago? Just odd.

That all said, there are FOUR 1/1 cards for Belle right now on eBay and each one is $200 or more in BIN with all the sellers just holding firm or not willing to move much. I've never ever been so frustrated with the current environment. No one will pony up to those prices but for some reason they're not budging. I clearly am not going to hit the lottery and then be happy to pay that much for any of it.

Members online