Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Star Wars High-Tek

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I have to say, I'm getting excited for the new movie. Trying not to watch the trailers, I want to go in as unknowing as I was when I was six. But that doesn't prevent me from getting excited over the cards. I was unimpressed by the recent set, but I knew there was going to be a major, autograph-heavy set coming. They already wasted the Star Wars Heritage on a lame set a few years ago, but I hoped they'd resurrect it and do it right. Maybe they still will, but I'm up for this now.
2015-Topps-Star-Wars-High-Tek-HEader.jpg
2015-Topps-Star-Wars-High-Tek-Autograph-Carrie-Fisher.jpg

The Tek cards will really show off the background graphics well. The parallels are about the same as baseball, and master set construction competition should be pretty fierce. Especially for the autos, and most especially for the big 3. The checklist:
Alan Harris as Bossk
Amy Allen as Aayla Secura
Andy Secombe as Watto
Angus MacInnes as Jon "Dutch" Vander
Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
Ashley Eckstein as Ahsoka Tano
Bai Ling as Bana Breemu
Billy Dee Williams as Lando Calrissian
Bonnie Piesse as Beru Whitesun
Bruce Spence as Tion Medon
Caroline Blakiston as Mon Mothma
Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia Organa
Daniel Logan as Boba Fett
David Bowers as Mas Amedda
David Prowse as Darth Vader
Dee Bradley Baker as Captain Rex
Deep Roy as Yoda
Dermot Crowley as General Madine
Dickey Beer as Barada
Dickey Beer as Stormtrooper
Femi Taylor as Oola
George Takei as Lok Durd
Gerald Home as Tessek
Harrison Ford as Han Solo (possible redemption)
Hassani Shapi as Eeth Koth
Jeremy Bulloch as Boba Fett
Jerome Blake as Rune Haako
John Ratzenberger as Bren Derlin

Julian Glover as General Veers
Kenneth Colley as Admiral Piett
Lewis Macleod as Sebulba
Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker
Matthew Wood as General Grievous
Michaela Cottrell as Even Piell
Michonne Bourriague as Aurra Sing
Nalini Krishan as Barriss Offee
Nika Futterman as Asajj Ventress
Oliver Ford Davies as Sio Bibble
Orli Shoshan as Shaak Ti
Pam Rose as Leesub Sirln
Paul Blake as Greedo
Paul Brooke as Malakili
Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca
Phil Eason as Yaddle
Ray Park as Darth Maul
Rohan Nichol as Captain Antilles
Silas Carson as Ki-Adi-Mundi
Silas Carson as Nute Gunray
Steve Blum as Zeb Orrelios
Taylor Gray as Ezra Bridger
Tim Rose as Admiral Ackbar
Tiya Sircar as Sabine Wren
Vanessa Marshall as Hera Syndulla
Warwick Davis as Wicket
Wayne Pygram as Grand Moff Tarkin
Zac Jensen as Kit Fisto

I just wish they had Frank Oz as Yoda. He's still around. Who is Deep Roy? And it's missing some big names like Portman and Christiansen, but the less Episode 1-3 the better, as far as I'm concerned.

Please move this to the Other forum if you want, but no one goes there.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Ignoring all movies/cards/promos and refusing to watch any or all after the debacle that was Ep. 1-3. Disney can choke on Boba Fett's blaster as far as I'm concerned.

I've never understood those with this opinion. Ep 1-3 were a great addition to the series. Completely inline with the original trilogy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
It would have been cool to get Neesan, McGregor, and Sam Jackson.

And I COMPLETELY agree with the bull**** that is "Anyone Other Than Frank Oz" as Yoda. Ummm, no.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I've never watched Star Trek movie. If I was to go about it what should I watch first and what order should I watch after that, assuming I enjoy it as much as everyone else seems to.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I downloaded it but is there actually a game involved at all? Not as intuitive as Bunt. It literally appears that you just open packs. I could just sit hear and flip a coin. Although the pics are nice and you get a lot more free than on Bunt

I have it, use the cards to flip for stuff on Bunt or Huddle, seems it has a lot of dedicated fans, but I just don't know what inserts to go for for good trade bait

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Star Wars*

And it should go: IV, V, VI, I, II and III

Lol meant to say that but saw the word "Tek" and wrote Trek.

Is there any reason it's "out of order". (I knew it was which was why I asked but don't understand why...)

Sig40cal

Jul 23, 2012
Atlantic Highlands, NJ
I've never understood those with this opinion. Ep 1-3 were a great addition to the series. Completely inline with the original trilogy

I'm kinda tipsy so this might not be so coherant. In ep4-6 there was no fart jokes, there was no poop jokes pandering to the mouth breather crowd. There was also no accents, there were languages that were subtitled... not some flying jamoke with a brooklyn accent. Episodes 1-3 brought nothing but shame and dishonor on George Lucas and his ilk. And now that Disney is in charge I would rather eat the ice out of a men's urinal in a seedy dive bar than support them and their "new star wars".

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I'm kinda tipsy so this might not be so coherant. In ep4-6 there was no fart jokes, there was no poop jokes pandering to the mouth breather crowd. There was also no accents, there were languages that were subtitled... not some flying jamoke with a brooklyn accent. Episodes 1-3 brought nothing but shame and dishonor on George Lucas and his ilk. And now that Disney is in charge I would rather eat the ice out of a men's urinal in a seedy dive bar than support them and their "new star wars".

I try not to get hung up on the Disney backing just yet. I understand those concerns, they were certainly aspects most of us would have changed. However Episodes 4-6 had plenty to complain about as well if we were old/wise enough to have known better at the time. Farts? No, but sarlacc belched. Ewoks? Mark Hamil's acting? 20 years of anticipation would make anything a disappointment and it may be impossible to recreate the dramatic steps forward in special effects the original trilogy brought. But I think the prequels get a major bad rap from unrealistic expectations. If the films had been created in chronological order with Episode 1 being released in 1977 I don't think the Star Wars phenomenon would be any less than it is today and we'd be lauding it as the greatest thing that ever happened to us like seeing Episode IV for the first time

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. ;)

Fair enough. I know I'm in the minority in my defense of the prequels and by no means do I think they're better, just underrated IMO. I'd still like to bust some of this Tek!

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I'm in the boat that 4-6 are "THE" star wars movies.. plenty of campy acting, questionable special fx, BUT they played into the fantastic of my young boys mind and I couldn't get enough.
The fight scenes lack the pizzazz of the prequels (something they got right)
The prequels added much to the story, but Lucas stepped on his own *&$# with them also. To much reliance on computer effects, worse acting and jar jar... episode 3 is a favorite of mine. Though they should have left out the final Padme/hospital scene. I enjoyed them, the originals are better but this preview is epic and cannot wait to see this movie.
As for the cards, I'll stick with the customs I got off mouschi

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Lol meant to say that but saw the word "Tek" and wrote Trek.

Is there any reason it's "out of order". (I knew it was which was why I asked but don't understand why...)

Order of release: 1977, 1980, 1983, 1999, 2002 and 2005
Original trilogy and prequel trilogy.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Here's my take

I'm a 100% Star Wars geek. Saw the first (last?) three movies in theaters. Thankfully my mom didn't throw stuff away. I played the **** out of and still have:

Death Star
Cantina
Planet hoth
Dagoba
X-wing
Tie fighter
Snow speeder
Twin pod cloud car
Millennium falcon
Land speeder
Various other small scenes
100+ action figures

With that being said I've never seen the three prequel movies. But I am so freaking excited for this one!!!

Members online

Latest posts