Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Andrew Miller to the indians

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Deal official. Yankees get Frazier, Sheffield and RHPs Ben Heller and J.P. Feyereisen

Sent from my SM-G920P using Freedom Card Board mobile app

As a Yankees fan, I absolutely love this trade. It allows the Yankees to improve the far system while also maintaining financial flexibility. Cashman acquired two incredibly gifted prospects, as well as a big league option in Heller and a reliever with some upside. After this trade, the farm system is easily in the top 5 in all of baseball.

Per Mlbpipeline.com, the Yankees' top 10 prospects were as follows:

Torres, Mateo, Judge, Sanchez, Rutherford, Andujar, Acevedo, Kaprielian, W. Garcia, and Fowler.

After the trade, it will look something like this:

Frazier, Torres, Mateo, Judge, Sanchez, Rutherford, Sheffield, Andujar, Acecedo, and Kaprielian.

This is the best Yankees farm system that I can remember outside of the whole Joba, Hughes, and Kennedy circus. I can't wait to see who will also be unloaded as sell mode has been given the green light.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Good haul for the Yanks, and I'm glad Miller can now grow his beard back..

Boston+Red+Sox+Photo+Day+-_aSPMzWDXVl.jpg

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
The losers in this whole saga is clearly the Nationals. They played hard to get with making their top prospects untouchable, and they have Mark Melancon to show for it. Melancon is good, but Chapman and Miller are on an entirely different level.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
After the trade, it will look something like this:

Frazier, Torres, Mateo, Judge, Sanchez, Rutherford, Sheffield, Andujar, Acecedo, and Kaprielian.

This is the best Yankees farm system that I can remember outside of the whole Joba, Hughes, and Kennedy circus. I can't wait to see who will also be unloaded as sell mode has been given the green light.
Yeah, this is going to be a great couple years watching them develop. The farm was already set up nicely with good upper level guys at key positions and some serious depth, but now it's incredibly deep and talented. And all by trading two relievers. I mean, we'll for sure miss Miller, but what's the point of having No Run DMC when you're only scoring 1-2 runs/night yourself?

Yanks minors are easily top 5, maybe top 3 now.

Next on the block has to be Beltran. And Nova along with Eovaldi I'm betting. There is absolutely no reason to keep Beltran now. They could get another nice piece for that guy.

I think Cashman has done a fantastic job on this. Played the market perfectly.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Yeah, this is going to be a great couple years watching them develop. The farm was already set up nicely with good upper level guys at key positions and some serious depth, but now it's incredibly deep and talented. And all by trading two relievers. I mean, we'll for sure miss Miller, but what's the point of having No Run DMC when you're only scoring 1-2 runs/night yourself?

Yanks minors are easily top 5, maybe top 3 now.

Next on the block has to be Beltran. And Nova along with Eovaldi I'm betting. There is absolutely no reason to keep Beltran now. They could get another nice piece for that guy.

I think Cashman has done a fantastic job on this. Played the market perfectly.

Cashman is one of, if not, the best GM's in the business. The Yankees' other talent is just as good: W. Garcia, D. Garcia, J. Montgomery, Finley, Adams, Wade, Torrens, Clarkin.It's insanely deep!!!

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Vicente Campos headed to AZ in the Clippard trade, so their farm system loses one pitcher.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
bye bye Mr Miller from the AL B-east...good day to be a Jays fan. Both him and Chapman gone and still 10 games to play against the Yanks :)

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Vicente Campos headed to AZ in the Clippard trade, so their farm system loses one pitcher.

What an awful move by the Yanks...They give up starting pitching depth for a reliever. I definitely think Cave or Gamel, plus another prospect would have gotten this deal done. Eh...oh well.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
What an awful move by the Yanks...They give up starting pitching depth for a reliever. I definitely think Cave or Gamel, plus another prospect would have gotten this deal done. Eh...oh well.
Campos was pitching well but has been injured constantly. He may make it some day but chances are slim he'll ever be anything of a regular contributor. Awful is waaaaaay to strong a word.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Campos was pitching well but has been injured constantly. He may make it some day but chances are slim he'll ever be anything of a regular contributor. Awful is waaaaaay to strong a word.

Yeah I guess. I saw him pitch about two weeks ago and he looked damn good. I hope the kid proves me right because I liked him as a prospect.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Yeah I guess. I saw him pitch about two weeks ago and he looked damn good. I hope the kid proves me right because I liked him as a prospect.
Oh I agree. He'd long been considered the potential real prize in the deal. But after this many years and still only just making AAA at 24....

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Oh I agree. He'd long been considered the potential real prize in the deal. But after this many years and still only just making AAA at 24....

Yeah it seems like he's been around forever. Campos is the definition of prospect fatigue (Gary Sanchez) is another one. Lol

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Cashman crapped the bed with this move. Campos is a MLB ready pitcher in a barron system full of marginal pitching talent. Clippard is a run of the mill reliever. Cashman gave wayy to much in this deal

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Cashman crapped the bed with this move. Campos is a MLB ready pitcher in a barron system full of marginal pitching talent. Clippard is a run of the mill reliever. Cashman gave wayy to much in this deal

My thoughts exactly. I thought Gamel/Cave plus another marginal prospect would have been sufficient.

Members online