Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1999 Fleer Tradition Starting 9

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I used to collect belle, along with Thomas, Maddux, Gonzalez and a few other stars who were having great years in the mid 90s, when all the fun inserts were hitting the shelves.

I can't remember the guys name, but he was on several boards and was always selling lots of Belle cards. I think i neither asked him about his remaining stock or he listed it on ebay. I don't have anything scanned, but was just viewing some of the cards I put in top loaders the other day, as it had been buried for some time.

I'll have to dig it back out and scan some of the better looking cards for the 90s thread.

Do you have a want list anywhere?

I can email you my checklist

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It's funny to see some of the Starting 9 cards on eBay at just stupid prices... I mean the Jeter checklist is $5,000 lol... Ripken is like $2,000... some people are crazy. It's auctions like that where I believe the person actually has it in their PC and doesn't want to sell it but if you win the lotto and don't care about money, they hit a pay day.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
It's funny to see some of the Starting 9 cards on eBay at just stupid prices... I mean the Jeter checklist is $5,000 lol... Ripken is like $2,000... some people are crazy. It's auctions like that where I believe the person actually has it in their PC and doesn't want to sell it but if you win the lotto and don't care about money, they hit a pay day.

Yes.Maybe they think Wossa will someday want them?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
The Bonds up now I think was bought for around $289 early last year , which I think was a lil low , but not sure it's a $1000+ card
Ryan

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I wonder how any of these people have laying around in boxes not knowing what they have, or worse have been just thrown out.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I wonder how any of these people have laying around in boxes not knowing what they have, or worse have been just thrown out.
Tons of people. When I started back into the hobby and especially when I started to get more active on here, I started to pick up on that. I actually didn't know what one of these looked like until I did a little research and when I saw how similar they were to the base, and how it's not really clear it's a serial number, I actually went through my box of base cards from when I opened packs back when I was younger. Thought I'd find one laying in there lol

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Picked this one up...

s-l1600.jpg

goes great with this...

Jeter99FleerTraditionSttarting96-9.jpg

Now if only I can find the base card numbered 6 of 9....

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Then there is just the outright ridiculousness of it all. WHO??? And they want $100 OBO for it. Maybe they'll take $10 or $5, but with a BIN price like $100, I think their mind is sitting somewhere else on the OBO range. This is probably a great case of supply vs demand where I can't see the demand for the supply at that price, although there is probably a couple of people who decided to tackle the entire set and may pay this type of price for a common!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEVE-PARRI...=100011&prg=10073&rk=4&rkt=10&sd=130404230269

Went through the thread when it was bumped, this post is 2+ years old, but this card is still listed at the same price with zero watchers.

Nice pick up on that Jeter. It went cheaper than I would have thought. Maybe I'll get lucky some day and find the Mariano Rivera at a similar price.

Scott F

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Still looking for a Justice. There's one of eBay but the price fluctuates between $300 and $900 - same seller, just with a jacked-up price then making it look like a mega-discount. To me it's a sub-$100 card.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Went through the thread when it was bumped, this post is 2+ years old, but this card is still listed at the same price with zero watchers.

Nice pick up on that Jeter. It went cheaper than I would have thought. Maybe I'll get lucky some day and find the Mariano Rivera at a similar price.

Scott F

i got rid of my only one (magglio) a couple years ago for less than i wanted , but at one time when my financial situation was a little bit better i was hoping to add more instead of parting with him....during that time frame , i seem to recall seeing a jeff montgomery go for just over 100 at auction and a darrin fletcher sell for right at 215 via auction...

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Does anyone here have a Robbie Alomar starting 9 they could part with? Or know of anyone who does? It's a total long shot but worth asking...

Members online