Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Beauty! Were you waiting for the right one, or just one to show up?

This is only the third to show up. I was outbid, by a lot on the first one. The second one had paper loss, then this one finally came up. They must be short printed, as this still cost me almost $400!

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
A bit of a lull since my last pickup, but today breaks the dry spell.

The Rucker is my 2nd Brooklyn Cracker Jack. I landed the Hummel a few months ago.
Rucker_small.png

Goes very nice with the Hummel I picked up earlier this year.
Hummell_small.png

Last edited:

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
After taking a few years off to get my head around some things I dipped my toes in the vintage pool and pulled a few cards out. I thought I would look for 50's Topps or Bowman cards of star players that I could afford that had excellent eye appeal but would not break the bank. I am not a fan of off center cards so this is going to be a challenge but I have no timeline here other than to assemble a nice bunch of cards from the best era of baseball.

Here are two of my first purchases. The Roberts is awesome except for the missing pieces on the corner otherwise this card would be a PSA 7 all day as it is centered and has all of its original gloss. I paid less than 20 bucks for these cards total and that included shipping!!! I thought it was a fair deal for two hall of famers from an iconic Topps set.

22093394_10214662371223151_1523559467_n.jpg 22093739_10214662371863167_1314453867_n.jpg

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Hooray - another Cracker Jack! Otto Miller caught for three incarnations of the Brooklyn Base Ball Club: Superbas, Dodgers and Robins. Miller, 1889-1962, died when he fell from a hospital window after he had eye surgery. Yikes!

Three down, three to go. Unfortunately one of them is Zack Wheat - unless a smokin' deal comes, he'll be the last one I pick up.

Miller_small.jpg

Hummell_small.png
Miller_small.jpg
Rucker_small.png

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
There are many Diamond Stars cards left, including yearly variations on some. Not really looking to do the set, but I have the Yankees and I buy some now and then just because I like them. Love the backgrounds and old equipment that is pictured.