Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I need help understanding Topps Bunt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I really only collect 90s cards, but I have a couple special projects that involve current cards.

I do not understand Bunt cards. I have read up on it and I still don't understand. Are they cards? Are they virtual cards? Are they some of each? Part of my project is displaying actual cards in a binder, so that's all I'm interested in. Some of the Bunt cards look amazing and I want to buy them, but maybe that's because they aren't actual cards LOL

Can you give me an explanation and what to look for? Maybe dumb down the language for me a bit since I'm obviously not getting this from the research I've done.

Thank you.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Bunt is a mobile application that has electronic cards (images). They are not physical cards. Now, Topps apparently did issue a bunt card set that has actual cards as well. Most of the time when you see bunt, you should expect electronic images, not real cards you can hold or display in the traditional sense.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Bunt cards are digital, but like [MENTION=4047]mrmopar[/MENTION] said, they released Topps Bunt Physical, which has come out the last two years, and is real cards

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
HA - bunt physical! Love things that contradict themselves. Thank you, guys! Some of the cards look pretty cool. Others, not so much. I like the galaxy and maybe the splatter - I'll have to take a closer look.

Here's COMC - an alternative to ebay! Now on ebay!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
HA - bunt physical! Love things that contradict themselves. Thank you, guys! Some of the cards look pretty cool. Others, not so much. I like the galaxy and maybe the splatter - I'll have to take a closer look.

Here's COMC - an alternative to ebay! Now on ebay!

Yeah, it's crazy, I do have a Lorenzo Cain splatter physical /25 that has a scratch off on the back and you can redeem the code on the digital app for the digital version...if that makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
They need to modernize these cards to match the digital form. For example, instead of the stats on the back it should have forum-style banter calling the player in question an overrated ******. ;)

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Bunt is just something Topps screwed the pooch on. Topps started out brilliant with virtual cards, getting people to pay a lot of real money for essentially images on a screen.

Then Topps released a physical Bunt product and confusion ensued. I have to pay close attention when I come across something listed with "Bunt" to see if it's physical or virtual. I want to use my free coins to open some virtual card packs that match the Bunt physical cards I purchased in boxes but it's not clear to me you can buy those packs in the Bunt virtual store so you may only be able to get them by entering the code cards found in Bunt Physical.

They should rename the Bunt physical release to something else so there isn't confusion and only save the term "Bunt" to reference virtual cards.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Topps Bunt is issued in two forms:

Digital - is basically just pictures of cards on a mobile device app. The mobile app pictures of cards can be used to play daily, weekly, monthly and season long stat games based on the players daily performance. Sort of like fantasy baseball, the cards use the players daily performance to boost the card holders worth of that card. The pictures of cards are distributed with base, colored parallels, signatures and relics.

Physical - Basic card set with flimsy stock, like Series 1,2 & update with the low end collector & kids in mind. These cards are basically designed after designs used the previous year in the digital form. Topps uses the Bunt app to test the waters on designs. The Bunt cards have colored parallels, some numbered and some not. Some cards have scratch off code on them the redeem in the mobile app for more digital cards. Nice little set and inexpensive.

One of the best ways to find out if the Bunt cards being sold on ebay is the free shipping. In the shipping terms they will tell you they need your physical Bunt App name to send the card to you. You basically trade a junk card you have for whatever you bought on ebay.

Fordman

Members online

Latest posts