Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What card(s) have been graded the most?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
So I was looking through the PSA population report today trying to figure out how scarce a 1982 Topps PSA 10 Ripken is (only 342 exist or less than 1.5% of all graded) and saw there have been nearly 25,000 of those cards graded by PSA which I thought was a lot. So it got me thinking, what cards have been graded the most? The first card that came to mind was the '89 UD Griffey. It's been graded 60,000 times by PSA alone (along with nearly 40K more by SGC and BGS combined). Is there a list somewhere that shows what cards have been graded the most? If not what other cards come to your mind?

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Percentage-wise, I'd say the 1985 Chong Modesto McGwire cards win. According to the 2006 Standard Catalog, only 500 copies of the misspelled version were produced (which was up from the 200 reported in the 2000 Standard Catalog), yet 384 have been graded by PSA for a whopping 76.8% of the production run. The Standard Catalog also says a total of about 1200 copies of the corrected spelling card exists, yet PSA accounts for some 8757 total graded copies (and SGC another 107, though SGC makes no distinction between the different versions of the card, the BGS registry claims 2 of the error and 182 of the corrected). So over 700% of the existing cards have been graded.

Last edited:

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Percentage-wise, I'd say the 1985 Chong Modesto McGwire cards win. According to the 2006 Standard Catalog, only 500 copies of the misspelled version were produced (which was up from the 200 reported in the 2000 Standard Catalog), yet 384 have been graded by PSA for a whopping 76.8% of the production run. The Standard Catalog also says a total of about 1200 copies of the corrected spelling card exists, yet PSA accounts for some 8757 total graded copies (and SGC another 107, though SGC makes no distinction between the different versions of the card, the BGS registry claims 2 of the error and 182 of the corrected). So over 700% of the existing cards have been graded.

In other words, the wide spread habit of multiple subbing of a single card skews any kind of reasonable extrapolation of published statistics.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
In other words, the wide spread habit of multiple subbing of a single card skews any kind of reasonable extrapolation of published statistics.

It's also a counterfeited card , so that plays a part in it if they weren't caught in the early stages of grading them. But yes I agree , between cross subs , resubs , things renamed in pop reports etc , anything with a lot of entries is skewed for sure.

Ryan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts