Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Arod joins Hank Aaron in exclusive 2,000 RBI club, fittingly with HR #666.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Alex Rodriguez today joined Hank Aaron as the only players in history to reach 2,000 RBI.
Sure, the stats are tainted, but that's still an incredible achievement, especially when he missed a full year and is only 39 years old.

He's still almost 300 RBI behind Aaron, so his record is safe.

In a stroke of fitting irony, the milestone came on satanic homerun #666.

Arod is also only 5 hits away from 3,000.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Do you have evidence that Hank Aaron never used an amphetamine or other stimulant in is career?

No but i have evidence that Aroid did. And Aaron (if he did) was never caught so there is no proof that he took anything. but Aroid on the other hand....

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
1434326981485.jpg

If Hank Aaron hit a homer off this guy, it should count twice!

For the youngsters, Dock EllIs (allegedly) threw a no-hitter while on LSD in 1970.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
"The spotlight on the "Pittsburgh problem" by the national media led to the more widespread awareness of use of other drugs such as amphetamines ("greenies" in baseball vernacular) and marijuana in the game. Both have a long history in baseball; Milner (who had retired two years earlier due to recurring hamstring injuries), in fact, spoke of Willie Mays and Willie Stargell, both iconic figures and Baseball Hall of Famers, giving him greenies."

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
"The spotlight on the "Pittsburgh problem" by the national media led to the more widespread awareness of use of other drugs such as amphetamines ("greenies" in baseball vernacular) and marijuana in the game. Both have a long history in baseball; Milner (who had retired two years earlier due to recurring hamstring injuries), in fact, spoke of Willie Mays and Willie Stargell, both iconic figures and Baseball Hall of Famers, giving him greenies."

See a lot of that is hear say. So Milner said Mays and Stargell gave him drugs? but cant prove it? so just take there word for it? Im tiered of people saying everyone did the drugs but where is the proof?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
See a lot of that is hear say. So Milner said Mays and Stargell gave him drugs? but cant prove it? so just take there word for it? Im tiered of people saying everyone did the drugs but where is the proof?

I'm pretty sure that a ton of players from that period admitted using "greenies", etc. I seem to remember Parker and Brett doing that. Heck, even the best Phillie ever:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/28/sports/baseball/28chass.html?_r=0

No way am I saying they didn't cheat, but the difference with steroids is staggering...

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
images

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado

The information age has killed cheating. All the way up until the early 2000's the technology wasn't in place to track every player every second of the day - so illicit drug use commonly went unseen.

I know there's no proof a lot of 'old school' players never used but does that really exonerate them? We'll never know - it's all speculation. I wouldn't be surprised at all if any or all of them did. Competitive edge has always been a part of sports, be it legal or not.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Are you saying that pre-Steroid Era no one used any type of PED?

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Are you saying that pre-Steroid Era no one used any type of PED?

No im not saying that but im not going to accuse anyone because there is no proof. Aroid was caught not once but twice. In my book that is enough proof he cheated and did lots of illegal drugs in baseball. Everyone keeps saying everyone took drugs. how would you like it if you were clean but others claim you were a drug user?

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
drugs or no drugs, still takes hand eye coordination to do it.

and most of arod's rbi's probably came of pitchers that where on the juice also.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Aaron's hitting feats are truly extraordinary but A-Rod still deserves a heck of a lot of credit. Steroids or not, his swing is incredible and he played in an era where at least 80% of the top power hitters were juicing not to mention many of the top pitchers. Hats off to the guy I hope he gets to 700 HR's

Latest posts