Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So i guess you can charge 6 bucks for shipping now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
On a single card. Shame on me for thinking it was a typo cus how could a seller charge 6.15
to ship one card. I thought ebay had really cracked down on this, but appears its a-ok now.
sellers id is [h=2]gsmayle89[/h]
hope everyone here has been well. Thanks for letting me vent

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I had a guy from Indiana charge me $5. I thought it was a misprint and would be refunded a buck and a half or so. It came and I dinged him. He was pissed. Here's his message to me, as he reached out to eBay to get Feedback changed:

.69 envelope, 1.40 heavy protector case, 2.54 postage. Rest for tape, time and travel. Please don't buy if you don't think you are getting a fair deal, thanks.

I'm not in the camp of trying to put together dollar amounts on time, tape & travel. If you wanna sell on eBay, and charge inadequate amounts for shipping (again, I understand if you're charging more for insured / registered mail of a high end item or shipping from non-U.S. markets) this is what's going to happen.

Seller ID: sagitrus61

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Sorry, but if shipping price is given, calculate it into your bid. Assuming it's a typo and you will be refunded is stupid. Why not ask the bidder to clarify before bidding? Jeez, the price is given and then you ding him for delivering exactly what he said he would. I'd be pissed too. Don't like the shipping, don't bid!

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Sorry, but if shipping price is given, calculate it into your bid. Assuming it's a typo and you will be refunded is stupid. Why not ask the bidder to clarify before bidding? Jeez, the price is given and then you ding him for delivering exactly what he said he would. I'd be pissed too. Don't like the shipping, don't bid!

This...

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City

Unfortunately it is easier to whine than use common sense.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
On a single card. Shame on me for thinking it was a typo cus how could a seller charge 6.15
to ship one card. I thought ebay had really cracked down on this, but appears its a-ok now.
sellers id is gsmayle89

hope everyone here has been well. Thanks for letting me vent
I thought they got tired of cracking down on it, so simply started charging 10% of shipping charges as well and called it good

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
I was at 2.50 for a long time and recently went to 3.00.
Do I make anything on S&H?
A little perhaps but not much, and my time is worth something to me regardless of what Ebay's TOS says.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

A_Pharis

Charging $3 - $4 for shipping is someone who wants to charge shipping and knows the extended costs of shipping.

Someone charging $6 for a single card is someone who doesn't want to start that card off at auction with that $2 or $3 listing. They want that lower starting price and someone who is quick to bid without checking the shipping. Is that the seller's fault? No. Buyers should read and understand everything they are agreeing to by bidding....

But don't make it out like there aren't seller's out there banking on people not reading the full listing.

Besides, I would be willing to venture that a $6.99 listing with free shipping would do just as well as a $.99 listing with $6 shipping.
Only one of those will get your DSRs dinged, though.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Really nail the breakdown. Exactly how much for tape, how much for time, and how much for travel? If it was really, really good tape, you probably got a bargain.

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI

+1

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
I ran into this same problem just yesterday. A card I wanted had a shipping charge of $7.00, but in the item description stated that shipping was $2.95. I simply messaged the seller asking him if shipping was indeed $2.95 and if I would get a revised invoice after bidding on the item. I won it and paid $2.95 for shipping. While charging $6.00 for shipping is outrageous, it is 100% on the buyer to either notice that before bidding, or contact the seller before placing your bid. Pretty simple IMO.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ

+1

Members online

Latest posts