Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Damaged Rafael Devers superfractor auto. Not sure how to handle it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlackRabbit

Jan 10, 2015
I pulled the Devers 1/1 Super auto out of Bowman's Best yesterday. My happiness was shortlived, as I noticed the corner is warped, and the paper is peeling apart. I wouldn't want to sell it the way it is because its damaged. I have made up my mind to send it back top Topps for replacement, or ideally having the card remade. Anyone have any experience getting Topps to replace/remake a high end card? If i am not mistaken a member had a superfractor remade. I tried calling the customer service number, but i got two flunkies, who were seemingly reading from the same script. "just send it in and we will send you another card of the same value from the same brand." I asked to speak to someone wo actually handles the replacements, and I was told that 'they are in a warehouse and dont answer the phone". I dont really want to send it in, and get screwed on a replacement. Does anyone know of a good contact at Topps that could help? I am also looking at what sort of value would be placed on this card it if was in mint condition.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
I'd just sell it as is and put these pics in the description letting potential buyers know of the damage out of pack. No way will Topps remake this card, if you send it in for replacement I'm 95% sure you'll never see it again. Devers is one of the top selling prospects from 2015 and I'm sure you'll have a lot of bids on it, and get a fair end price.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Agree- sell it and be clear and honest about the issues. You will never get this card back and most likely will have a very difficult time with Topps.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
I think your best option is to have a professional grading service grade the card and then sell it as is. This way, you have a professional judge on the condition of the card and you won't need to worry about potential buyers misunderstanding the condition.

You may have a shot at asking Topps if they made a backup of the card, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that option.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Reminds me of Topps Chrome a few years ago that all looked like the whole center of the card was curved. Put it in a holder for about a year and see if it straightens it out. After that it should not have a curve. Remember Topps sells cards and no where dose it claim to get Mint to Gem Mint cards. There will always be flaws sucks this one was rare but it will not be the first or last that a card comes from the package flawed.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
@BowmanCards replied on Twitter for you to contact customer service to discuss options, or send them an email (attn: Customer Service Manager in the subject line).

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I just compress it under a stack of books for about a couple weeks.

what am I missing?

IMHO with chrome, curving is no big deal (just like s***, it happens!).

I think the bigger issue is that the paper is de-layering in the corner and that should not be happening to a pack-fresh card.

SlackRabbit

Jan 10, 2015
the peeling is sort of hard to see in the pictures. There isn't any straightening it out. Any thoughts on what the value SHOULD be if it was mint?

SlackRabbit

Jan 10, 2015
Around a month ago they offered me the superfractor back and a $150 card to make up for the lost value. I declined, and then they came back a couple of weeks layer with a $175 replacement value on the card. There was a 1/1 devers 2016 inception auto that sold for arond $130, which im assuming they saw and thats where they got their value. They called today and said that they got the card graded and it came back an 8.5 with a 9 auto grade. That was mint enough for them and it passed their quality control. they are unwilling to do anything but send the card back.

[h=2]Card Serial Number: 9416432[/h]
Set Name :2015 Bowman's Best Best of '15 Autographs Superfractors
Player Name:Rafael Devers
Date Graded:Wednesday, August 17, 2016
Centering Grade:9.5
Corner Grade:8.0
Edges Grade:8.5
Surfaces Grade:9.0
Autograph Grade:9.0
Final Grade:8.5

Members online

Latest posts