Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Winter Meetings Thread....FA signing's/Trades/Rumors/Etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Would love to see the Red Sox get Dickey!
The Mets asking price is Bogaerts and Bradley, lmao yeah that's worth it for one year of Dickey. ::facepalm::

Can't begin to tell you how much I still wish the Red Sox would've kept Reddick. I really didn't want to see him leave...
I think a healthy Kalish will surprise people this year. When he lives up to his potential you might not miss Reddick so much. :)

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I think the Mets would be wise to keep Dickey unless they cannot extend his contract.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com
His value will never be higher right now so they are looking for the future trying to get a couple high end prospects for him

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
The Mets asking price is Bogaerts and Bradley, lmao yeah that's worth it for one year of Dickey. ::facepalm::

I think a healthy Kalish will surprise people this year. When he lives up to his potential you might not miss Reddick so much. :)

I like Kalish too. I hope they bring back Cody Ross too.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck
Rox acquire Wilton Lopez for Alex White and a minor league pitcher

WaxPax

Astros acquired RHP Alex Gillingham along with RHP Alex White in the Wilton Lopez deal.

Gillingham, an 11th-round pick in 2011, holds an unimpressive 4.29 ERA and 6.5 K/9 rate in his first two pro seasons. He pitched in Low-A in 2012 and is obviously not close to the majors.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck
Rox acquire Wilton Lopez for Alex White and a minor league pitcher

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Astros acquired RHP Alex Gillingham along with RHP Alex White in the Wilton Lopez deal.

Gillingham, an 11th-round pick in 2011, holds an unimpressive 4.29 ERA and 6.5 K/9 rate in his first two pro seasons. He pitched in Low-A in 2012 and is obviously not close to the majors.

Phillies voided a trade for Lopez because of his elbow, wonder what the rockies saw differently...

danboone2006

May 22, 2010
Cleveland OH
Being reported the Indians/Dbacks have discussed Bauer for Asdrubal.

I heard from a source about that 4 or 5 team trade, wasn't supposed to say anything...but since it's out now...it would involve Choo and Cabrera netting Olt, Bauer, and a low level prospect for the Tribe. That trade hinges on Texas NOT signing Hamilton

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Being reported the Indians/Dbacks have discussed Bauer for Asdrubal.

I heard from a source about that 4 or 5 team trade, wasn't supposed to say anything...but since it's out now...it would involve Choo and Cabrera netting Olt, Bauer, and a low level prospect for the Tribe. That trade hinges on Texas NOT signing Hamilton

There are the fireworks we are looking for!!!!

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
While I'd love to see an Upton deal happen (and move him out of here), Towers gets off on screwing around with Upton and dropping his name in rumor talks all the time.

Part of me thinks it is to motivate him while the other part says that management and ownership dont like him.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
A brief breakdown of the Rangers, Rays, Indians, and Diamondbacks:

Diamondbacks get Abrudal Cabrera

Rays get Choo

Rangers get Justin Upton and Jamie Shields

Indians get Trevor Bauer, Tyler Skaggs, Wade Davis, and Hak Ju Lee

Lot of other pieces do it also.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
A brief breakdown of the Rangers, Rays, Indians, and Diamondbacks:

Diamondbacks get Abrudal Cabrera

Rays get Choo

Rangers get Justin Upton and Jamie Shields

Indians get Trevor Bauer and Tyler Skaggs

Lot of other pieces do it also.

YEah, because the Rangers are getting the two best players and giving up nothing yet, and the D-backs are giving up the best player and TWO TOP PITCHING prospects and getting very little in return. There would need to be about 12 more players inolved here.

This trade makes no sense to me for the D-backs if they are giving up Bauer and Skaggs. Why in the world would they do that? Unless THEY are the ones getting Shields.

skrip

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
4 team trade RUMOR: Upton, Shields, Asdrubal Cabrera, Bauer, etc.

Rumor been floating around for a couple days that is picking up steam again. Four teams are Diamondbacks, Rangers, Rays, and Indians.

Dbacks want Asdrubal Cabrera
Rangers want James Shields AND Justin Upton (if this happens Greinke is for sure a Dodger - but where does Hamilton go?)
Indians want Bauer among other prospects
Rays want a big bat (Michael Young? Jason Kubel?)

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/12/rays-rangers-indians-d-backs-talking-trades.html

I don't see the Rays being a player in this trade. I'm not sure the return they would get would be worth it - unless Justin Upton went to the Rays and not the Rangers.

danboone2006

May 22, 2010
Cleveland OH
I hate being "that guy" but, I Made a call, everything is on hold as of now.

It would be Skaggs OR Bauer and Olt plus prospects to the Tribe.

Rangers get Upton, and a back up SS from either the Dbacks or Jason Donald from Tribe

Haven't been able to lock down what the Rays get here.

Dbacks get Shields and Cabrera

I'd imagine prospects involved would come from everywhere...

Suddenly Choo's name isn't being tossed around in this deal, but in others.

If Hamilton resigns deal is off. If Greinke signs with Texas the wheels get moving

Members online

Latest posts