Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB HALL OF FAME - BASEBALL MEMORABILIA NOMINATION THREAD (Ends Midnight)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Now it's the time to nominate the best memorabilia items for induction into the FCB Hall of Fame. If the item isn't a baseball card, then it's eligible for nomination. Simply post the memorabilia item you are nominating and who is the owner of the item. If you agree with another member's nomination, go ahead and like the post by clicking the thumbs up button below their post. Nominations will close Tuesday, October 1 at 11 P.M. Final voting in all categories will occur later this year.

Please note that this is the baseball induction class. The other sports will follow in 2014.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Cleaning up some earlier business, [MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION] nominated this item belonging to [MENTION=1931]djrulz[/MENTION]

Under the memorabilia category, I would like to nominate djrulz's signed poster; surely one of the most comprehensive HOF items around.

spectacularprize.jpg

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I feel really weird nominating myself, but I have a piece of memorabilia that I would like to toss out there.

Pics are in my sig and I will include more in a moment. I nominate my 2012 Mother's Day pink bat that I won from @DatDudeBP on Twitter last year.

A worthy nomination. I hope FCB members with awesome items don't feel sheepish about nominating themselves. Your fellow board members may not know where to find pictures of these collectibles that you own and the ultimate point of this is to celebrate as a community some of the awesome collectibles and collectors we have on these boards.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I'll go ahead and nominate @Musial Collector and his Michael Cuddyer 2009 Game 163 Game-Used Glove.

Thanks Tom

Here is the small write up on my Cuddyer Webpage and photo of the glove below:

Here is the final piece of my game used memorabilia, my "holy grail" of my collection....................

2009 Game 163 First Baseman's Game Used Glove
Below is the First Baseman's glove that was used by Michael Cuddyer, in what the MLB Network labeled "The 16th best game in MLB History". The glove was signed by Cuddy and include the following Inscriptions: 2009 Game Used, Game 163! and A.L. Central Champs. Cuddy donated the glove to FanHQ to sell with proceeds going to one of Cuddy's charities. Full authentication is provided by FanHQ, including pictures they took of Cuddy signing the glove and included them with the purchase, made in February 2011. Upon purchasing the glove, I contacted Cuddy to verify its Game 163 use, here is our Twitter conversation:

Me: @mcuddy5 so was one of the gloves u signed for FanHQ actually used in game 163?
Cuddy: Yep. Sure was
Me: @mcuddy5 well I picked up the game 163 glove :)
Cuddy: Awesome! Congrats man. I know that glove well
Without further ado, here is it in all its glory!!!
biggrin.gif

Game 163 First Basemans Glove 1.jpg

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Historic considerations included...Chris's Cuddyer glove is just awesome.

And Joe's Phillips bat, coupled with the hospital tweet...awesome as well.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks, Mike. It was definitely incredible meeting Brandon and them he tweeting after my heart attack. He's an awesome baseball player, but an absolutely amazing person.

buck724

Jul 22, 2010
I also feel weird nominating myself...but I will nominate my favorite piece of memorabilia in my PC.

This is a UDA Ken Griffey Jr. 1989 Seattle Mariners home jersey that is signed, and #'d 37/240. My Dad bought this in 1989 originally, and has had it ever since. He finally handed it down to me a couple years back, and it's my prized possession in my PC. Currently, it's not on display yet...but it's in the works (please see my thread about framing vs. shadow boxing jerseys).

So here it is folks,
20130911_131511_zps879f1d04.jpeg

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
FCB HALL OF FAME - BASEBALL MEMORABILIA (SINGLE ITEM) NOMINATION THREAD

I hope he isn't offended as he has a ton of great items, but in [MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION] collection he has the wedding napkin and that always stood out to me as a fascinatingly bizarre (yet cool) piece of memorabilia.

So I will nominate that. Again if he decides that something else is much more deserving then I will remove this post.

Sorry no pictures.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
FCB HALL OF FAME - BASEBALL MEMORABILIA (SINGLE ITEM) NOMINATION THREAD

I'll nominate myself on this one, though I've seen some great items ;) The Will Clark collection I picked up 6 months or so ago with the 1989 GU Only Home World Series Jersey (signed and inscribed gamer) along with the 87 season helmet, 87 season hat and his original 86 baseball contract are neat item that I think are one of a kind....

Ryan

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I hope he isn't offended as he has a ton of great items, but in [MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION] collection he has the wedding napkin and that always stood out to me as a fascinatingly bizarre (yet cool) piece of memorabilia.

So I will nominate that. Again if he decides that something else is much more deserving then I will remove this post.

Sorry no pictures.

Ha. It is my most oddly interesting item! It dates back to my Beckett Message Board days though, so maybe not FCB HOF worthy.

88WEDDINGNAPKIN.jpg

My best pickup during FCB days may be this (originally posted August 2009). It has a good story behind it:

gingerbeerbottle.jpg

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/baseball/27572-im-off-buy-bottle-update-bottle-hand.html

Last edited:

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Re: FCB HALL OF FAME - BASEBALL MEMORABILIA (SINGLE ITEM) NOMINATION THREAD

Is it [MENTION=3735]clarkfan[/MENTION] that has the wedding invite signed and retured from Will Clark?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts