Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Built a player website? Know websites? Share your thoughts and recommendations!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I use jalbum to get my pics of my son's football/baseball teams uploaded. I dont use jalbumn's ftp space, I use my own. $135 for 5 years of unlimited hosting and domain name. If I want to keep the domain name private, that's $12 per year but I do have to renew that every year.

www.byfpics.com

Check out what I do with jalbum. I did purchase the software and it's relatively inexpensive ($40 - US) for what I want to do with it.

Fordman

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I use jalbum to get my pics of my son's football/baseball teams uploaded. I dont use jalbumn's ftp space, I use my own. $135 for 5 years of unlimited hosting and domain name. If I want to keep the domain name private, that's $12 per year but I do have to renew that every year.

www.byfpics.com

Check out what I do with jalbum. I did purchase the software and it's relatively inexpensive ($40 - US) for what I want to do with it.

Fordman

Good stuff, I liked the football cards.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I've had www.markgrace.com since 1998 (had gracecollector.com before that). It is done in Dreamweaver. I do all the graphics myself using Adobe Photoshop. I host it with 2mhost.com, which costs about $50 a year total for hosting and domain name registration. Because of its longevity, content and relevant URL, it has a decent Google ranking, which has attracted advertising inquiries. Last year I made over $500 on text links, so having the site more than pays for itself. Its main benefits are that I can share my collection with the world, have access to images of all my cards whenever I want (great at cardshows now with my tablet), and lets people see that I'm a passionate, dedicated collector. That helps with card negotiations. It also pays off with people contacting me now and then out of the blue about a nice Mark Grace card, like the one I posted today in the 2005 Absolute thread.

What kind of traffic do you get on a daily basis?

ch2423

Jan 3, 2011
NE Ohio
I use the free version of Weebly for my Cruz page and it's worked well for what I need out of it. Collection list, want list and scans broken down by type then year. Easy to update and displays well on my phone. Couldn't ask for more.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Hey I need some guinea pigs to help me with a new site idea.
Basically if you have your own site and have your completion data then PM me.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Been a couple months and thought I'd bump to see if anyone else had some comments, thoughts, suggestions, etc.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
My suggestion would be to just start one somewhere. Until you create something terrible, you won't know what works and what doesn't work.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I havent joined mofny's list yet. I got a new computer, and even though i saved everything from my site, everything is located in different places, which means if i go in to update any part of my main page, i will have to redo everything since the program will be looking for images in the wrong folders.

So, at least i made my site to the best of my liking, and can still add cards thru jalbum.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I recently switched from Webs to Weebly and really like it so far. My new site is at www.cardboardcorner.weebly.com (feedback is welcome!).

I still can't decide on a good way to include scans of the cards. I have hundreds scanned and uploaded to Photobucket, and currently just have embedded Photobucket slideshows. That way as I scan more cards I don't have to upload them to Weebly, just to Photobucket. I'm not totally happy with this system yet. I need to tinker with it some more.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I recently switched from Webs to Weebly and really like it so far. My new site is at www.cardboardcorner.weebly.com (feedback is welcome!).

I still can't decide on a good way to include scans of the cards. I have hundreds scanned and uploaded to Photobucket, and currently just have embedded Photobucket slideshows. That way as I scan more cards I don't have to upload them to Weebly, just to Photobucket. I'm not totally happy with this system yet. I need to tinker with it some more.

Doesn't Weebly only allow 4 pages for free? Just curious, i use Wix and actually like it. although I have published it yet as I am still working out the kinks. Someone mentioned earlier that Webs and Wix do not allow for HTML coding... As i am new to this stuff, what the heck does that mean? I can't add any coding other than what they have already have onto my site? Sorry if it a dumb question I am just a newbie.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Weebly doesn't seem to have a limit to the number of pages you can have. Webs limits free sites to ten pages.

Html is the programming "language" for websites. Most website creation sites allow you to either use there simple editor or use html to create your pages.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Yes, I have HTML in my Wix site. I'll be honest, I haven't published an update in a long time, but what the "common man" can do with Wix far surpasses anything else I've seen.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I did a small overhaul to my Altoona Curve pages. I'd love to get some feedback. The site works best with Firefox, runs fairly well with Chrome, and will look pretty bland and possibly out of order with Internet Explorer.

http://cardmagnet.info/altoona-curve-baseball-cards.htm

It looks really good on FF. I dig what you are doing. What is your ultimate goal for the site? That would help us give better feedback.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts