Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone here ever buy from Shop at Home?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
It's ok to admit it, we won't rag on you (too much that is).

The only time I was truly interested in doing so, I knew something had to be up.

It was some mid/later 90s topps chrome basketball refractors insert set which our buddy Don was trying to sell at a huge discount off Beckett value.

I don't remember exactly, but book value was like $500 and they were selling it for like $100.

I knew there had to be a catch, no way they could offer a deal like that, especially since the Jordan card alone was like $200.

Then, I noticed it. The little stamp on each card in the corner.

That little stamped signified that the version they were selling was the instant winner set valued at a fifth of the regular packed out cards.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I only bought one piece of electronics from them because they were the only one selling it and it was a great price compared to what the item cost when there were other people selling it (I think SAH got it on a closeout).

Never purchased sports cards from them becuase I had the cards or knew it wasn't much of a deal.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I never bought anything, but my friend and I would watch them all the time. We were both into baseball, so the content was fun, but we also both enjoyed laughing at idiots.

We would send them extremely sarcastic emails about how effing awesome the deal was, and they almost ALWAYS got read on the air. I'm assuming they got a lot of insulting emails, so it was refreshing for them to get something complimentary... even if it was facetious.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
I bought 2 T206 tobacco cards. They were selling them at 2 for $35. I didn't have any so I bought one for me and gave the other one to my dad for father's day around 1996 or 1997. We still have them. Mine was Stahl from Boston. I forget who I gave my dad. I thought it was a good deal back then. Still is.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I bought 2 T206 tobacco cards. They were selling them at 2 for $35. I didn't have any so I bought one for me and gave the other one to my dad for father's day around 1996 or 1997. We still have them. Mine was Stahl from Boston. I forget who I gave my dad. I thought it was a good deal back then. Still is.

What kind of condition were they in?

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
No rips, tears, or tape marks. Just the typical 206 with the rounded corners. I was very happy. They are legit. I have to scan mine to this thread if I get time and pull it out tonight or tomorrow after work and basketball tryouts that I am coaching and drafting for.

What kind of condition were they in?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I never bought anything, but my friend and I would watch them all the time. We were both into baseball, so the content was fun, but we also both enjoyed laughing at idiots.

We would send them extremely sarcastic emails about how effing awesome the deal was, and they almost ALWAYS got read on the air. I'm assuming they got a lot of insulting emails, so it was refreshing for them to get something complimentary... even if it was facetious.

Same here.It was humorous when they would pump up junk WCG slabs of Classic as must have cards.It was entertaing.Do they still sell cards?

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I never bought anything from there but I was at a yard sale this summer with a guy that had some autograph baseballs for sale. Nolan Ryan, Hank Aaron and someone else slipping my mind. I also don't know if I remember COAs or anything but he had gotten them a long time ago. The receipts he had said he paid something like $20 each for the Ryan and Aaron. I didn't buy them but thought it was pretty cool

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I've had people bring in cards/ packages I knew they bought from Shop at Home.

Needless to say, they weren't worth anything.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I actually had my mother buy me plenty of cards off of either SAH or QVC. One was a 1992 Classic Minors Nolan Ryan auto, #'ed out of some fairly small number. It wasn't the pack-issued one, but same idea. Think it was about $40 or so. Another was a package deal of Classic Minors boxes: one each 1993 and 1993 Classic/Best Gold boxes, one box 1994 Classic, a full set of the Cream of the Crop set (which was huge for a while), some random Classic autos, and other inserts/promo stuff. That was something like $60, which I thought was good then. Even now, not too terrible, with the possiblity of plenty of Jeters.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Does that Don dude still sell stuff on there? I remember when I was a kid just dreaming I had a credit card cuz all his deals were so great hahaha. I remember he said bar none a lot

Sent from my LGMS323 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
Does that Don dude still sell stuff on there? I remember when I was a kid just dreaming I had a credit card cuz all his deals were so great hahaha. I remember he said bar none a lot

Sent from my LGMS323 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Don West? Haha no i don't think so but a funny tidbit is that he went on to be a broadcaster for TNA Wrestling for years and was also their merchandise guy always trying to sell something.

He sure grew on me though, I thought he was not too knowledgable about the product, cheesy, and way too enthusiastic.. But he was a hell of a character and much of it seemed genuine.

timfsu2k

Jul 8, 2009
Kentucky
I remember watching that show one night and the deal looked to be actually undervalued. I don't remember the specifics but I do remember thinking that they were offering too much for too little so I picked up the phone to call. No sooner had I started to dial they completely changed to a different item and never mentioned the first deal again. I think they made a mistake and just cut it off before anyone could order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest posts