Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How do you store and display your collection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Been out of the hobby for several years and I am in the middle of sorting through my 100,000+ Andre Dawson cards and I keep changing my mind on how I want to store and display them. When I started collecting Dawson, I was putting his cards in 250 count clear plastic boxes with a slide on lid, separating them by brand and year, but as my collection grew that did not seem logical anymore. Right now most of my cards are in 5,000 count card boards boxes and that is not the solution I am looking for either. Looking for suggestions and ideas. Thanks.

A_Pharis

One thing I'd say to definitely do is to take your higher end cards (like the ones you showed me) and put them into a shelved shadow box. Doesn't need to be anything big - just one of those that are about 2 and a half inches deep or so and has the thin "shelves" in it.

That would really highlight the "complete" runs you have as far as parallels.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Wait for the Griffey display case pic... Wait for it.... Wait for it.......

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
i don't really display my cards. I have a shelf where I keep boxes of nicer ones and a couple binders. when i feel like flipping through them, I flip through them.

in all honestly, the lack of display options and the lack of casual interest ("oh, so you bought the same card in 4 different colors, because they are arbitrarily scarce? huh") has really put a damper on my collection. Since around here it is really only me that is interested in fancy cards, I don't feel much need to display them. My game used collection and some vintage are different, because they sort of speak for themselves in terms of why they are worth putting in public view. Modern cards tend to confuse most non-collectors.

Krusin

Jun 3, 2009
Middle Tennessee
I like to display my game used sets in the office. I build them to fit whatever I'm displaying & change things from time to time. As far as storage goes I use a safe & a large lockable 5 drawer Lateral filing cabinet.

Here is a few -

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I like to display my game used sets in the office. I build them to fit whatever I'm displaying & change things from time to time. As far as storage goes I use a safe & a large lockable 5 drawer Lateral filing cabinet.

Here is a few -

Awesome cards and fine craftsmanship!

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Still looking for that Griffey pic

Better Late Than Never ;)
*(Autos are all tucked away safely in my photobucket)*
tonsofcommons said:
magicpapa said:
curio1.jpg

Most posted picture in FCB History?
curio2.jpg

Updated
90scurio5.jpg

(PRE FCB)
2008beckett.jpg

framed.jpg

bday1.jpg

Awesome display magicpapa!

Mine will be all stored (PC wise) in 3 row shoeboxes...Rest are stored:

Baseball and football base cards: 1 4 row shoebox for each

Derek Hagan/Relics/Autos/#ed/Others: 1 2000 clear plastic box

Vintage: 1 2000 clear plastic box

Set Needs: 1 2000 clear plastic box

When I move next spring, everything will be stored in a metal cabinet

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Better Late Than Never ;)
*(Autos are all tucked away safely in my photobucket)*

curio2.jpg

Updated
90scurio5.jpg

(PRE FCB)
2008beckett.jpg

framed.jpg

bday1.jpg

WOW! Those are some great pics. When I get my Dawson collection sorted and in order and displayed I will be sure to send some picks. I dont have any display cabinets like this but I had a display on book cases like this one. I painted the whole room Cubbie blue and had shelves going arouns the top painted in Cubbie red and put in a floor that looked the same color as baseball bats. Was hoping to have it completed this month but work has been killing me, but Im still hoping to have it done this month. Once again, WOW!

Members online

No members online now.