Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Buy backs in 2016 Topps feature rarity levels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It would be nice to have a clue as to who they insert back into packs and how many of each. I have seems very limited number of different Garvey buybacks over the years and all of the better cards have never seen the light of day that I know of.

Anyone pulling a Garvey, please think of me if it is available. Thanks.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Good question. I was thinking up to 79 or 89 til I saw the short article under the video saying it would cover 7 decades. Thats awesome!:p

They showed Bryant's 2015 Topps card in the video so I'm guessing every year is available in the buy backs

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
I'm BEGGING someone with a better grasp on technology than me to redo that video to show the actual cards you'll be getting. The creased 1974 Andy Messersmith, the 1962 Del Crandall that was run over by a bus, the 1979 Rico Carty with a corner missing, and all the 2002-2010 common cards :).

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I'm BEGGING someone with a better grasp on technology than me to redo that video to show the actual cards you'll be getting. The creased 1974 Andy Messersmith, the 1962 Del Crandall that was run over by a bus, the 1979 Rico Carty with a corner missing, and all the 2002-2010 common cards :).

I was thinking the same thing, they used all the good cards for the video,
Black for rounded corners
Red for creased
Blue for torn
Silver for sliced or trimmed
Gold for gum stained

Last edited:

shadowking86

May 13, 2014
I just want an opportunity at some new cards of Sandy Alomar Jr., even if they are buybacks. He has not had any new cards other than the very occasional buyback (Upper Deck in 2009, Leaf 2012-2014) since 2007, and that 2007 card was a minor league card.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I *think* Topps showed a video on twitter about it and it looked like Dawson will be in it!

then again that video disclaimed that cards shown are not guaranteed to be in the buyback insert program, so if you are a fan of a certain player (like Hawk collector in this thread), you may want to temper your enthusiasm until series 1 releases and singles start to show up to confirm whether your player is included or not.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
then again that video disclaimed that cards shown are not guaranteed to be in the buyback insert program, so if you are a fan of a certain player (like Hawk collector in this thread), you may want to temper your enthusiasm until series 1 releases and singles start to show up to confirm whether your player is included or not.

Thanks Topps lol

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Maybe all the buy backs will be cards from Revco, KayBee, Toys R Us, KMart and Hills!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online