Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you trade from your own PC?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I recently traded 1 of my RJ '98 Tek variations to a fellow FCB member for 3 of his RJ spares. I netted 2 Tek patterns and he was able to complete his 90-card RJ set, part of his master set collection. Win-Win. Like most everyone else here, I'd only trade my higher-end stuff if i was a MansGame-esque transaction as posted above!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=9653]NY Tony[/MENTION] - Thanks! I was pretty happy with it myself :)

I'd guess the more narrow your collecting focus, the harder it would be. I'd also say that the Belle deal would have been tough (for me if I collected him as seriously as you do), but to get a 1/1 like that from a time when they (1/1) meant something is worth it.

Yea, honestly I've got stupid offers on some cards and they're near impossible to pry off me but this deal was a no brainer. Just wish another of the /27 shows up but it won't for a while. The 1/1 though there is only 1 of, so it was worth it. My only '90s 1/1 of Belle too, if you can believe that ;)

---

Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
I have a bunch of duplicates, partially for this reason. I'll trade away in someone's favor to add something I don't have. Or, I'd consider trading my only copy of a card if it was definitely in my favor. I'd trade a select 1/1 in a heartbeat to get a handful of other cards I've been hunting for years...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I have a bunch of duplicates, partially for this reason. I'll trade away in someone's favor to add something I don't have. Or, I'd consider trading my only copy of a card if it was definitely in my favor. I'd trade a select 1/1 in a heartbeat to get a handful of other cards I've been hunting for years...
Now that'd be interesting....

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Everything has a price. The only things I will not sell or trade are gifts from my wife or daughter.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

NE12BC12

Aug 5, 2011
Just traded a card from one of my sets last night. Not a problem.
As my Pedroia collection goes, only trade dupes for other Pedroia cards.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
trading PC is tougher than selling outright.. I've just started selling some of my stuff and its hard to let go sometimes when you've been doing it for so long!

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Mac, that trade of yours was incredible.

Like others, i have no problem trading or selling my doubles. They are my doubles, and not necessarily part of my PC. If they arent in the binders but are in my overflow box, then they are available.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
The only Ripken I'm willing to trade are my triples. Although I try to collect as many as 12 copies of each (don't ask why, I don't know either). The first and second copies are almost impossible to get from me unless I really need what you're offering for my first set. My first set, no way. I have 3500 different doubles you can choose from so leave my first one alone.... :)

Speaking of which, the one in my sig (Ultimate DUAL) is serial numbered to 10, but that is my third, so, it's for trade/sale....

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I have on just 2 or 3 occasions and each time it was only because doing so benefited my collection much more than the single item did. I wouldn't trade something irreplaceable though.
Word for word same reply for me.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
This just happened to me and it feel very weird. But the fact that the other person was trading his only copy from his PC made it tolerable. I just traded a GU jersey for a very obscure signature (Marcelino Solis) to finish my Mexican Players in MLB collection. Hope to don't need to do it again.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Interesting topic. I pulled an on-card A-Rod aut o fr om 2001 UD Hall of Famers (I think). Was PC forever because of its value. This was wayyyyyy before roids when he was at the top of the hobby. I traded it for an early Mantle jersey card I needed for a set. Fast forward 7 years and I got the bad end when the bottom dropped out of GU cards. Fast forward to today and I'm soooooooo happy with the Mantle.....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online