Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's your best day at the card shop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Back in 2006 I went to the lcs on my birthday. I bought 3 or 4 loose packs of Turkey Red Basketball and 3 or 4 loose packs of Upper Deck Ovations baseball. Pulled a Shaquille O'Neal auto /15 from the Turkey Red Basketball and pulled a Ken Griffey Jr. auto out of the UD Ovations. Ended up getting both of them graded, the O'Neal came back a 10 and Griffey came back a 9.

Everyone has one day that sticks out to them, what's yours?

Shaquille O'Neal 2006 Turkey Red auto PSA 10.jpg

Ken Griffey Jr 2006 UD Ovations auto PSA 9.jpg

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
The Year- 1994
The Place: All-Star Sportscards in Snohomish
THe Game: Pack War!
The PRoduct: 1994 SP Football
THe other guy pulled a Jerry Rice Die-Cut Holoview (at the time a $200 card)
I pulled:
emmitt.jpg

At the time a $300 card.
I sold the Rice the next day for $200 and still have the Smith! Can't get rid of it for today's prices!!

kerryfan5

Sep 17, 2012
Ohio thourgh Dickinson, N.D.
The Year- 1994
The Place: All-Star Sportscards in Snohomish
THe Game: Pack War!
The PRoduct: 1994 SP Football
THe other guy pulled a Jerry Rice Die-Cut Holoview (at the time a $200 card)
I pulled:
emmitt.jpg

At the time a $300 card.
I sold the Rice the next day for $200 and still have the Smith! Can't get rid of it for today's prices!!

That is a beautiful card.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
1998, Burkhaulter's Cards, Rome, GA

Traded a prospect card (worthless now) for one pack of 1998 Elite...pulled a 1998 Elite Back to the Future Autograph featuring Nolan Ryan and Greg Maddux.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
That takes double luck...luck to pull the card...luck to pull such a nice card when your opponent had pulled a nearly equally nice card.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I have a couple.

#1 . Pulled a Dennis Rodman Hardware insert from a single pack of Skybox Metal Universe. I can remember thinking that it was a cool, but probably cheap card. At one point I saw one end for around $80.

#2 . Walked into an LCS, grabbed a pack of 2011 Bowman Draft (I think it was) and 2011 Gypsy. I opened the Gypsy first, and was thrilled to see that I got a Fielder mini/99. Opened the Bowman, and saw this staring back at me:
$%28KGrHqJHJEEFJ%2184PRjHBSRMg5ElZg%7E%7E60_57.JPG

I pulled it during his hot streak, and the card was going for insane amounts (this one sold for about $40).

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
I am at work and don't have a scan but my LCS (no longer in business- Sports Connection, Runnemede, NJ)...It was a snowy day in 1996 and I used to help out, work the counter, help with auctions, run errands when I was in college. He had a box of 79-80 OPC Hockey out of a fresh case. Packs at the time were $60/pack. Me and a few other guys decided to do a round because of the chance of pulling the OPC Gretzky RC. They averaged at least one per box.....Well, I pulled it, still have it today and it graded a BGS 7. I was stoked. I couldn't believe I pulled it. Everyone was happy and I danced around the shop. Wish camera/cell phones were around back then for live breaks.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
On November 11, 2001, Shaun Alexander ran for 266 yards against the Raiders. The very next day I bought one pack of Fleer Showcase and pulled the Alexander Masterpiece 1/1. Sold that bad boy for around $250 within a week. :cool:

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
That is a beautiful card.
Thanks! Def. not $300 now! But it definitely epitomizes everything good about the 90s!
That takes double luck...luck to pull the card...luck to pull such a nice card when your opponent had pulled a nearly equally nice card.
Ha! Add on top of that that they were one per case (or something rare) hits… Turns out the owner would keep filling his box with loose packs!!

Members online

Latest posts