Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~~~~~~Sunday morning thread~~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
Good Morning Everyone!

Haven't had much time to stop in this week. I picked up a few more Sportkings to be signed at upcoming events. I originally was just going to work on the baseball players but decided to go for the others as well.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1395599584.068442.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1395599627.329145.jpgImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1395599663.268623.jpg
[MENTION=2196]Ashburn Alley[/MENTION] [MENTION=3275]Lancemountain[/MENTION]
And any other Phillie phans, saw some pretty cool stuff for your man caves

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Howdy fellas. Looks like a slow day. Had a good morning at church, then took the family out. I are salad while everyone else say down and had pizza, pasta, etc...

Now I get to sit down and get 35 cards ready to ship to BGS. Hate the paperwork!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Found a lot of REALLY overpriced Dawson stuff so far.

Almost everything I found that was Dawson at the Tri Star show in Houston was overpriced. I only picked up a few Dawson cards there, mostly picked up Brees cards for my son.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Well, I'm back to school again after making the trip home to get some clothes. I have to dress professionally for a presentation tomorrow so I had to run home and get those clothes. Now its time to really buckle down and get some homework done. I have to read some, write a short essay, and take a couple of quizzes.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Almost everything I found that was Dawson at the Tri Star show in Houston was overpriced. I only picked up a few Dawson cards there, mostly picked up Brees cards for my son.

I just don't get it. It's not just Dawson either.

The whole show was littered with cards that were priced 2-10x what they would sell for on eBay. I asked for prices on a lot of cards and ended up just handing them right back to the seller and walking away. Dawson autos that I might pay $10-15 for priced at $60-90. A couple of really nice Maris game used that might get $100 from a really good eBay auction priced at $400.

It's also just getting harder to find stuff I collect at shows. I saw very very little DLP stuff. A couple of 05 Absolute cards at most. I expected to find a lot more newer topps stuff like Tribute, Five Star, Tier 1, etc, and I really didn't see much of that either.

Tons of vintage like always. Lots of high end football, basketball, and hockey that I know nothing about.

Lots of three row boxes full of inserts and cheap autos and game used, but zero semblance of organization. Every sport just thrown in together, so after the first few boxes I got sick of looking.

Overall I am glad I went, and I'm happy with the few things I found.

If I go again in June, I may try to go on Friday instead and maybe I'll have better luck.

At dinner with the girls right now, so I'll post all my finds later.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I just don't get it. It's not just Dawson either.

The whole show was littered with cards that were priced 2-10x what they would sell for on eBay. I asked for prices on a lot of cards and ended up just handing them right back to the seller and walking away. Dawson autos that I might pay $10-15 for priced at $60-90. A couple of really nice Maris game used that might get $100 from a really good eBay auction priced at $400.

It's also just getting harder to find stuff I collect at shows. I saw very very little DLP stuff. A couple of 05 Absolute cards at most. I expected to find a lot more newer topps stuff like Tribute, Five Star, Tier 1, etc, and I really didn't see much of that either.

Tons of vintage like always. Lots of high end football, basketball, and hockey that I know nothing about.

Lots of three row boxes full of inserts and cheap autos and game used, but zero semblance of organization. Every sport just thrown in together, so after the first few boxes I got sick of looking.

Overall I am glad I went, and I'm happy with the few things I found.

If I go again in June, I may try to go on Friday instead and maybe I'll have better luck.

At dinner with the girls right now, so I'll post all my finds later.

Enjoy your dinner, can't wait to see what you picked up.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I really like when I log on to the online course platform to work on an assignment, only to find that it isn't due for another day. He changed the due date and time just this afternoon. It was originally due today at noon, and my internet was down at home so I couldn't do it there so I was going to just turn it in late and get docked the points for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online