Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thoughts On To Grade or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pudge27t

Aug 6, 2011
Kansas
First of all! What up everybody?? I know its been awhile BUT i'm still around, snaggin' Reggies here and there when I can. Yet to be honest this new Lions fan club is killing me though!:mad:

Anyways, my latest pickup! I was curious if it was a good idea to get this graded or not to even waste my time since it was so banged up???
Notice the corners!!::facepalm::
I'll keep the seller anonymous! :D

IMG_9038_zps2ee7fec3.jpg

IMG_9039_zps9476ab29.jpg

6l513aa0_zps7c9a39c6.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
T -

I'd say if you like the PSA holders just get it authentic graded since its your PC item. Maybe avoid the number grade

Ryan

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
I don't want to say something is off, but I am curious why that has the new NFL shield. I did a quick Google and it appears the current shield was announced September 2007
shield3.jpg

As far as grading, not worth it for a 1/1

pudge27t

Aug 6, 2011
Kansas
I don't want to say something is off, but I am curious why that has the new NFL shield. I did a quick Google and it appears the current shield was announced September 2007
shield3.jpg

As far as grading, not worth it for a 1/1

Could it be that it was a late release? It is stamped on the front.
"Donruss Playoff Special Edition"

pudge27t

Aug 6, 2011
Kansas
On the back it says it was on 5/20/06 at the Rookie Premiere . It's possible they had some helmets made by then ?

Ryan

True. Being a photoshoot with Reggie Bush at that time his hype was crazy high then. I'm assuming they probably had everything "top shelf" & new there.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Could it be that it was a late release? It is stamped on the front.
"Donruss Playoff Special Edition"

I assumed it was a show card with the stamp since I could not read it.

It could. I looked around some and the earliest I could find anything on the new shield was 2007 though. I'm sure that card has been passed around a lot so no real way to track it and see if it changed over time.

pudge27t

Aug 6, 2011
Kansas
A 1/1 Reggie Bush though? You think someone would really butcher it? With his hype they way it was coming out?

pudge27t

Aug 6, 2011
Kansas
Ryan they had em in the back. :D
I don't remember them really making a big deal about the photo shoot much until 08' or 09' though.

Last edited:

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
If I had to make a theory it was plain gold helmet, perhaps purchased for way too much in 06 or 07 and then altered later in like 09 or 10 the Bush market tanked in order to make the card somewhat desirable.

pudge27t

Aug 6, 2011
Kansas
If I had to make a theory it was plain gold helmet, perhaps purchased for way too much in 06 or 07 and then altered later in like 09 or 10 the Bush market tanked in order to make the card somewhat desirable.

Really? That's saddens me greatly! Hopefully I'll find out if it's authentic or not when I send it off!

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
I don't know if they authenticate the memorabilia. For reference, I found a scan of his LCM Black 1/1.

mjHy22jmp56QKojeypK27_Q.jpg

Notice how the F is the font from the old shield and not the new.

pudge27t

Aug 6, 2011
Kansas
I don't know if they authenticate the memorabilia. For reference, I found a scan of his LCM Black 1/1.

mjHy22jmp56QKojeypK27_Q.jpg

Notice how the F is the font from the old shield and not the new.

Oh I'm not doubting you & definitely see what you are talking about now. I just thought with the stamp, numbering & the blurb on the back was good enough. Never really thought about someone jacking with this 1/1 though. Checked www.worthpoint.com & didn't see anything though either. :?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I looked on WP also and can't find the card. The companies won't really authenticate the memorabilia part , just the card itself. We're any other players made in that set ?

Ryan

pudge27t

Aug 6, 2011
Kansas
I don't know, I'll have to look. If there were, they were probably only the top 5 or so draft pics. I'm assuming that is. I just got this card this past week.

Members online