Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Mickey Mantle collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I never knew my dad (he passed away from lung cancer when I was six months old), but my mother told me quite a bit about his collection. He once owned a '52 Mantle, but it burned up in a house fire. That's a big part of my interest (as well as hers) with Mantle.

My dad said his mom threw away all his cards including Mantle rookies :facepalm:

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Forgot all about this stuff! There's another '52 Mantle reprint you should know about. There was a Yankees set that featured a card of a player from each year they won the World Series. It was to commemorate the 27th World Championship, so it's a 27-card set. Bought it at Target for $10, or something like that. There's a Jeter or two, and any championships before 1951 are commenorated on a '52 style card. Then there are three Mantles.

mm_zps53cbd1b2.jpg

mm_0001_zpsa15d6c9d.jpg

Not that I'm trying to drive you crazy,or anything...
I thinnk it was called Yankee Collection, based on the munbering YC14, YC15, etc.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Forgot all about this stuff! There's another '52 Mantle reprint you should know about. There was a Yankees set that featured a card of a player from each year they won the World Series. It was to commemorate the 27th World Championship, so it's a 27-card set. Bought it at Target for $10, or something like that. There's a Jeter or two, and any championships before 1951 are commenorated on a '52 style card. Then there are three Mantles.

mm_zps53cbd1b2.jpg

mm_0001_zpsa15d6c9d.jpg

Not that I'm trying to drive you crazy,or anything...
I thinnk it was called Yankee Collection, based on the munbering YC14, YC15, etc.
Thanks Greg, I just bought a set 2010 Topps New York Yankees Baseball 27 World Championships Set Factory SEALED | eBay
DANNY

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Just curious but why don't you collect this stuff?

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

It wasn't that I don't collect it - just that most of it is out of my range. But, in the past year since making this topic I've been able to pick up a few affordable pieces.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Krom,

Just checked and I have those two. Thanks for the offer!

Greg - thanks for the heads-up! I saw that set on Dave and Adam's earlier and thought about getting it; guess I better see if they still have it in stock.

Mamunrud - I don't have anything that high-end (except for Mantle) to move towards it, but thanks for letting me know about it.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Here are my newest vintage additions:

1958 Topps #418 Mantle/Aaron PSA 4
58mantle418.jpg

1958 Topps #487 Mantle All-Star PSA 4
58mantle478.jpg

Interestingly enough, all three of my graded Mantle Vintage are PSA 4. Here are all four vintage Mantles together:

1962toppsmantle.jpg
Untitled.jpg

58mantle418.jpg
58mantle478.jpg

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Contemplating a couple more vintage Mantle purchases from Dave and Adam's Card World. I know I could find cheaper prices on eBay, but I like dealing with them and it's a bit easier on me since I don't have a PayPal account at the moment.

Members online

Latest posts