Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors- Interesting update to previous story...1995 Pinnacle card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
A few months ago I posted a story about an unreleased card I picked up that had some interest to other player collectors.

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...1-Player-Collectors-A-new-discovery-and-story

So an interesting update to this story. This auction recently ended showing the card in original packaging. Originally I thought the two known cards (David Justice) that had surfaced were backdoored from Pinnacle, but the fact that these actually made it to packaging might suggest that all of the cards were produced/released. The checklist is on the back:
Ultra RARE Ozzie Smith Team Pinnacle 1995 Pin Card Baseball Card | eBay

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
It's a rare set for sure. I think a Griffey sold in the last month or two. If I get a chance I'll find it

Ryan

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
SNAP! Albert Belle?

I have the pin, so I need to take a look for the actual card that came in the packaging.

The pin itself is on Belles checklist via Beckett.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=1885]Mozzie22[/MENTION] - just a heads up, you should change your settings in photobucket so that we're not linked back to photobucket when trying to look at your pics via mobile.

---

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
its quite possible not alot of the cards from the packs were redeemed for the pins, therfore Pinnacle made theses carded packs and new card and enclosed the pins, does the card in the packaged one have mail in info?

1995pinnaclepin.jpg

Last edited:

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I'm a big fan of the 1995 Pinnacle Pins saga...I've been tempted to bid on these cards as they come up, but I want to secure the Frank Thomas before I start dropping the big bucks. I thought the Smith package went for a great price...I was expecting in the hundreds and didn't even put in a snipe.

1995PinnaclePinsCompleteSet.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
its quite possible not alot of the cards from the packs were redeemed for the pins, therfore Pinnacle made theses carded packs and new card and enclosed the pins, does the card in the packaged one have mail in info?

1995pinnaclepin.jpg

Very good question. I have both of these for Belle pictures for Griffey but not tr Ozzie in the package. I'm a little confused.

---

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Can you imagine these sitting in a KB toy store back then, never selling, getting clearanced, never selling, and eventually getting tossed in the trash?

I cannot for the life of me ever remember seeing these sold in any retail store that I have been to. Just adds fuel to the fire on whether they were ever mass produced for retail.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Do you have a front and back scans of your card. My card and pin looks like the one Magicpapa posted. Please post a scan if you have one. Thanks

If you follow the link in my original post it will take you to the story with scans of the front and back.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Can you imagine these sitting in a KB toy store back then, never selling, getting clearanced, never selling, and eventually getting tossed in the trash?

I cannot for the life of me ever remember seeing these sold in any retail store that I have been to. Just adds fuel to the fire on whether they were ever mass produced for retail.

I imagine a lot of the more difficult oddballs shared that fate. I mean, when did any collectors actually go to KB or Circus World except to see what was on clearance? Everything was so overpriced initially, that it wasn't very card collector friendly. There were so many different oddball issues like this that most of them probably went unnoticed.

Latest posts