Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So, the 5th best QB in the NFL is:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Its not all about individual stats. Look at wins his 1st 5 seasons. That's 5 years making the playoffs and winning One Superbowl.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Question was best QB not team. So I'm basing on individual stats. Yes the ravens were fairly successful since he has been QB but that was a result of the good team around him.

Flacco is not a top QB he just manages the game well and limits his mistakes. Well except for last season. Lol

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
Big Ben is number 5. Two Super Bowls and tons of career success, no one else should be in the conversation IMO. Luck and Wilson are at best around ten after only two years in the league

Brady
Peyton
Rodgers
Brees
Roethlisberger
Rivers
Romo
Luck
Wilson
Ryan

Last edited:

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Right now I'd go Andrew Luck. The guy gets it. Stafford is right behind him in my opinion. Luck seems like he'll be dominant one day soon.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Luck - long term I think this guy has the potential (not is, just has the long-term potential) to be better than Manning - which is saying a heck of a lot since I believe he's the best QB since Montana.

I don't get that Rogers comment based on 1 game though. I don't see how you can negate the guy based on one game where you had one lineman go down that was replaced by a matador dressed in green.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Dug this up to see if anything has really changed.

I wonder if anyone would drop Brees outta the Top 4 based on his Mediocore year.

And with Luck having so many turnovers, I'd say Wilson has jumped him this Season. With "Big Ben" and Romo moving up a bit with great Years...

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Right now, it's Luck. Wilson is close but he doesn't always make the throws to be that #5 QB. I'd even argue that Romo and Big Ben could be in the argument for that #5 spot. It's easier to do a Top 10 list for sure.

In my Top 10 - in no particular order would be Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, Tony Romo, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan, and Colin Kaepernick.

Here's my new list:
1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Peyton Manning
4. Tony Romo
5. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Russell Wilson
7. Andrew Luck
8. Matt Ryan
9. Drew Brees
10. Rivers

This is a great thread - lots of discussion.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
It's kind of funny reading this thread from the beginning. The drastic changes to the rules this year has really given a huge advantage to pocket passers. Eli Manning and Romo seem to be the biggest beneficiaries, but Big Ben is also having a career year. Here are my tiers:

Tier 1: Peyton Manning
Tier 2: Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers
Tier 3: Romo, Big Ben, Brees
Tier 4: Matt Ryan, Flacco, Russel Wilson, Luck, Eli Manning (reluctantly)

Cam Newton - will never be a top 10 QB
Tannehill - looks promising
Stafford - will be forever average
Andy Dalton - see above
Cutler - toxic
Kaepernick - will continue to be a little above average as long as he has his legs
Alex Smith - KC cannot win a superbowl with him
Nick Foles - jury is out, I think he can be just outside a top 10 QB, but can you really win a superbowl with that? Seattle and Baltimore would say yes

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Tier 1: Peyton Manning
Tier 2: Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers
Tier 3: Romo, Big Ben, Brees
Tier 4: Matt Ryan, Flacco, Russel Wilson, Luck, Eli Manning (reluctantly)

I'd switch Tier 1 and 2, with both Brady and A-Rod being my picks over #18 .

And I think both "Big Ben" and Romo benefitted most from consistent running games, and their OCs emphasizing it instead of trying to force too many pass attemepts...

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I'd switch Tier 1 and 2, with both Brady and A-Rod being my picks over #18 .

And I think both "Big Ben" and Romo benefitted most from consistent running games, and their OCs emphasizing it instead of trying to force too many pass attemepts...

Top 10 QBR Seasons of All-Time (since 2006 when they captured the necessary data anyways)
Peyton Manning - 6
Aaron Rodgers - 1
Tom Brady - 0 (though Brady did have the 11th and 12th best seasons according to QBR)

**Note - Romo and Rodgers will break into the Top 10 with their 2014 seasons and knock two of Mannings out of the Top 10

Members online

Latest posts