Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SF Bay Area Card Shops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
Any fellow FCB people in the San Francisco Bay Area? I've lived out here about a year now and can't find any local card shops, for a region that loves its sports this is pretty surprising. I've tracked down a vintage shop in the East Bay but I don't collect vintage. Anyone have any insight into shop locations that I couldn't find via google/yelp/maps, etc... Thanks in advance!

bmx807

Aug 7, 2008
There is a good one down here in Monterey named Sharp Corners. It's about 2 hours south of SF.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
Nice! Thanks for the heads up [MENTION=1740]bmx807[/MENTION] wife and I make it down to Monterey every couple of months, will definitely check it out next time

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
I used to always go to a card shop in Modesto (90 minute drive east from the bay area) called Krier's Cards & Comics until I moved from that area a few years ago. You could get some good deals on older sets & singles when they're in stock. I bought a 1983 Fleer set for $15 and a 1984 Donruss set for $40 about 5 years ago. Most of the stuff is current though. You might want to check it out if it's still around.

rockholt

Aug 7, 2008
I used to always go to a card shop in Modesto (90 minute drive east from the bay area) called Krier's Cards & Comics until I moved from that area a few years ago. You could get some good deals on older sets & singles when they're in stock. I bought a 1983 Fleer set for $15 and a 1984 Donruss set for $40 about 5 years ago. Most of the stuff is current though. You might want to check it out if it's still around.

Krier's no longer has sports cards or comic for that matter. They are a gaming only store now....MTG, Pokemon, etc. They got rid if all their sports stuff about six months ago.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Krier's no longer has sports cards or comic for that matter. They are a gaming only store now....MTG, Pokemon, etc. They got rid if all their sports stuff about six months ago.

No way! I've been going there since I was a kid to buy baseball cards! I moved out of state a little over a year ago, so I had no idea.

I did notice that over the last few years, the fat, sweaty nerds moved in with their weird tournaments. I'd hold my breath and squeeze past the cheeto dust and redbull infused nerds to grab some Topps Heritage.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
No way! I've been going there since I was a kid to buy baseball cards! I moved out of state a little over a year ago, so I had no idea.

I did notice that over the last few years, the fat, sweaty nerds moved in with their weird tournaments. I'd hold my breath and squeeze past the cheeto dust and redbull infused nerds to grab some Topps Heritage.

Man, I remember when it was in the mall when I was a kid. Jeff was always great to BS with and was very reasonable on price. There's a new one in Modesto, only been once so far but it was legit. I think there's a shop in Pinole and there's a place called talkin baseball in Danville, however, I'm not sure if they have cards or just memorabilia. [MENTION=2110]lisu[/MENTION] would probably know

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
Is Stevens Creek Sport Cards in San Jose still open? I go there when I'm vacationing there but its been five years since I last bene

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Is Stevens Creek Sport Cards in San Jose still open? I go there when I'm vacationing there but its been five years since I last bene

Yes, also, Peninsula Sports Cards in Belmont, South Bay Sports Cards in Sunnyvale. Also, there's a shop in San Mateo called What's on Second and in Concord, Diamond Sports Cards. There is also a mall show at Serramonte Mall on 1/23 - 1/24 weekend where there is a good wax dealer.

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
Sadly I'll be missing the card show at Serramonte, we're out of town that weekend. Opinions on What's on Second and Diamond Sports? Nothing worse than driving 1 to 2 hours round trip just to find a store that will disappoint.

Would be great to find a legit store in the city, anyone ever been to Cards and Comics near Outer/Inner Richmond? Reviews make it look mostly like a comic and board game shop.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Yes, also, Peninsula Sports Cards in Belmont, South Bay Sports Cards in Sunnyvale. Also, there's a shop in San Mateo called What's on Second and in Concord, Diamond Sports Cards. There is also a mall show at Serramonte Mall on 1/23 - 1/24 weekend where there is a good wax dealer.

This place is so hidden! It's behind some other buildings.

sfnorton

Aug 9, 2008
Alameda, CA
The owner of What's on Second is a great guy. He has decent prices, but his stock is limited. There is also Alameda Sports Cards in Alameda. Not much high end new stuff, but has loads of low to mid range MLB/NFL/NBA.

rockholt

Aug 7, 2008
Man, I remember when it was in the mall when I was a kid. Jeff was always great to BS with and was very reasonable on price. There's a new one in Modesto, only been once so far but it was legit. I think there's a shop in Pinole and there's a place called talkin baseball in Danville, however, I'm not sure if they have cards or just memorabilia. @lisu would probably know
[MENTION=11924]AnthonyCorona[/MENTION] I live in Merced, didn't know there was a new store in Modesto. Where is it located? There used to be that overcrowded mess on mchenry, but I don't know if that store is there anymore.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
[MENTION=11924]AnthonyCorona[/MENTION] I live in Merced, didn't know there was a new store in Modesto. Where is it located? There used to be that overcrowded mess on mchenry, but I don't know if that store is there anymore.

McHenry is awful, the guy has been trying to sell everything for a while now but I believe it's still there. The new one in on standiford in the same shopping center has CVS and Smart n Final. It was a little hard to find because it's all the way in the corner, it's called California card shark.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
McHenry is awful, the guy has been trying to sell everything for a while now but I believe it's still there. The new one in on standiford in the same shopping center has CVS and Smart n Final. It was a little hard to find because it's all the way in the corner, it's called California card shark.

I hVent visited Greg's new shop, but the one he has in Sac is awesome!

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I thought I heard that Jeff was opening another shop.

Like every town/city in the country, there used to be some decent shops in Modesto. An older guy named Jose had one out on Oakdale that I used to visit quite often. Then he moved to a spot on McHenry which wasn't nearly as good, and then I think he just faded away. Another guy named Dave had one at the end of I Street - something like that. I could often find good vintage deals there. Used to be a decent occasional card show at a hotel on Sisk, too.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
Wow - I've never heard of Diamond in Concord I'll have to look for it. there is also MVP in Pleasant Hill - he's closest to me - I don;t buy much at an LCS but he seems fair and decent.

Talkin' Baseball in Danville is nice, but more memorabilia than cards as noted.

I think those are the only two LCS I've been to since I moved here.