Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Frank Thomas collectors thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randyherth

Sep 10, 2008
John's Creek, GA
Finally completed my collection of all 7 1992 Front Row Thomas autos!

document166.jpg

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut

Brandt504

Apr 7, 2010
Northern California
I don't see anything either. Unless the buyer thought those flair showcases were the legacy #d /100?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Can anyone shed light on this "1990 Leaf Blue Paper Proof":
1990 Leaf Blue Paper Proof Frank Thomas 300 BGS 3 Rarer Than 1990 Topps Nnof | eBay

I have to admit I've never heard of these, for any player. It's graded by BGS, so it might have some air of authenticity, but the fact that it includes the silver fan in the lower left corner strikes me as odd. The seller has other star players, along with 1990 Donruss (makes sense) and 1987 Fleer (?), all blue proofs. The 90D Griffey is interesting because it's Junior's picture, but is missing the Jr from the name, which is a variation I've never heard of.

randyherth

Sep 10, 2008
John's Creek, GA
Can anyone shed light on this "1990 Leaf Blue Paper Proof":
1990 Leaf Blue Paper Proof Frank Thomas 300 BGS 3 Rarer Than 1990 Topps Nnof | eBay

I have to admit I've never heard of these, for any player. It's graded by BGS, so it might have some air of authenticity, but the fact that it includes the silver fan in the lower left corner strikes me as odd. The seller has other star players, along with 1990 Donruss (makes sense) and 1987 Fleer (?), all blue proofs. The 90D Griffey is interesting because it's Junior's picture, but is missing the Jr from the name, which is a variation I've never heard of.

I saw this auction too, but have never heard of this. I'd guess that it is just sheets that have surfaced from the original production run testing out the colors, and someone cut the important players out of the sheet. Seems like printer proof trash to me. It is probably incredibly rare, but only because card companies probably shred their trash. Who knows what this is going to sell for, but not something that interests me unless a cool story went along with it.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
I saw this auction too, but have never heard of this. I'd guess that it is just sheets that have surfaced from the original production run testing out the colors, and someone cut the important players out of the sheet. Seems like printer proof trash to me. It is probably incredibly rare, but only because card companies probably shred their trash. Who knows what this is going to sell for, but not something that interests me unless a cool story went along with it.

I don't put any premium on them. Have one in my Frank Sanders collection, but I don't consider them cards. Wouldn't pay more than $5 for another if I saw it. but to each his own.

randyherth

Sep 10, 2008
John's Creek, GA
document6d.jpg

I don't usually get into the new releases, but I love the Leaf stuff this year! Managed to find two of the 1990 Leaf autos that are actually centered, and one with his jersey serial number!

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Nice Leaf LOS Inscriptions; I'm not into new releases very much, nor unlicensed stuff, but I've picked up one signature because the price was too good to pass up at about half of what they're normally selling for. I really like the inscription too. I'd like one of the Auburn inscriptions, a buy-back auto, and a buy-back rookie too, but I doubt I'll be able to afford them.

2012LeafLegendsofSportInscriptions.jpg

Members online