Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shipping question for Sportlots sellers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I just started selling in Sportlots, and I have a few small orders with budget shipping. Just curious as to how you guys deal with small orders (I have two for 1 card and 1 for 5)...do you ever send in PWEs, or in non-bubble mailers?

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
I personally don't, but that's also a personal preference. I use bubble mailers for everything and charge same price for budget and premium shipping. I've seen people send budget shipping in PWE's. I think if you check the Seller's Guide, it says PWE's are okay for budget shipping. I think one card (low-value) is okay, maybe even two, but a order of 5, I wouldn't use a PWE.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Thanks. I know it says in the seller's guide that buyers assume the risk with budget shipping, but with me being a new seller, I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to do something that's seen as a negative.

I did have to update my shipping charges, as I neglected to change them when I set everything up. The default budget 1-card shipping charge is less than what it costs to mail a non-machinable PWE, so it looks like I'm gonna lose 3¢ on a few orders!

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
I just charge for bubble mailers - like Sly I charge enough to cover my costs for Bubble mailers - I am amazed by the number of folks that order an .18 card and pay 1.95 for shipping

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
I only send 1 card budget shipping in a PWE. I tell buyers my terms in the info area if they look at my seller profile. 2 or more cards, I always send in bubble mailers. Basically I give them the choice between a PWE and bubble mailer for a 1 card purchase and for them to save a couple of dollars on shipping. Haven't had an issue yet.

Edit: I also force buyers to pay for premium shipping if the 1 card costs more than a certain dollar amount. I think mine is $10.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I just charge for bubble mailers - like Sly I charge enough to cover my costs for Bubble mailers - I am amazed by the number of folks that order an .18 card and pay 1.95 for shipping

Hey, I just ordered a whole bunch of 2000 and 2001 base cards from you! Everything was great!

I've so far had two people order one card. Seems strange to me for someone to play more to ship a card than it costs to buy, but many buyers don't take shipping into account when they buy something online (I was sometimes guilty of that in my ebay years).

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Hey, I just ordered a whole bunch of 2000 and 2001 base cards from you! Everything was great!

I've so far had two people order one card. Seems strange to me for someone to play more to ship a card than it costs to buy, but many buyers don't take shipping into account when they buy something online (I was sometimes guilty of that in my ebay years).

You'll be very surprised how many 1-card orders you get. People trying to complete sets, or for player collecting, or trying to get a steal when someone gets hot and you forget to adjust your prices.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010

Didn't make the connection when I pulled the cards - I try to do a good job and not be the cheapest guy there - just the best. I've entered a lot of cards over the years and have a lot of orders like this.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
1-4 cards budget shipping I use PWE unless the notes for a card say otherwise (like if the card value is $5 or more, it gets sent in a bubble mailer even if you pay budget).

5 or more cards get sent in a bubble mailer as I don't know how I could stuff that much in a PWE without feeling like the seams of the envelope could stress and split open with the cards falling out in USPS processing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts