Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Thrift Store Thread - Sports Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Yeah those starter jackets are back in demand, & getting harder to find in thrift stores since most end up on their website sales now.
Man, I wish those Starter jackets were sold at thrift stores here, but no one wears jackets in Hawaii.
There are racks full of Aloha shirts though. I wonder if they'd sell on eBay. I know the vintage ones are kind of valuable.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
$750? What makes the bat so valuable?

It was pretty much the most powerful bat ever made with the scandium alloy and 1 of the last -5 bats. I still don't get why they sell so high??? People on the east coast can use them in their men's leagues & people over seas are paying big money too. I even heard people are refinishing them to look like legal bats.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
For those still confused, the -5 means the ounces is 5 units smaller than the length, the standard in adult league, i assume, is still -3?

the extra -2 ounces on the same length bad equals faster bat speed which can equal bigger bombs and better contact. I had a -5 bat at one point in high school.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
It was pretty much the most powerful bat ever made with the scandium alloy and 1 of the last -5 bats. I still don't get why they sell so high??? People on the east coast can use them in their men's leagues & people over seas are paying big money too. I even heard people are refinishing them to look like legal bats.
I play in a few leagues here in CT and all of the leagues here are wooden bat.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Rum I think every sports related item that is donated etc gets sent to your location. It's crazy the amount of stuff you come across. Congrats

Ryan

joeya2001

Oct 4, 2012
Rum I think every sports related item that is donated etc gets sent to your location. It's crazy the amount of stuff you come across. Congrats

Ryan

Yea seriously lol and you get them pretty easy.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
I found a set of Bobby Jones Spalding Irons, they are painted to look like wood shafts. Picked them up for 2.50. Need to do some research on them.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Today's finds
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1375504075.068291.jpg
Pretty nice Penny jersey they sell for decent $$$
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1375504111.568261.jpg
USA dream team champion team issued shorts special cut. Pretty rare similar sold for close to $100
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1375504136.101609.jpg

Latest posts