Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1999 Upper Deck Exclusives Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jan 14, 2009
Question for the player collectors and 90s guys:

How many copies of your guy do you own, or have you seen total?

I own three copies of Brad Fullmer's card but I cannot, for twelve years of my life, find a Matt Luke #122. I know a guy who has either two or three copies, but I have never seen a copy for sale (must of missed his finds).

Has anyone seen more than say, five, of a given player? Especially semis and minor star guys? The scarcity of these cards seems odd considering how heavily this product was broken back them (Piece of History, Griffey Auto, Game Jerseys, J.D. Drew hysteria, etc...).

This card has achieved that rare status of bordering on "non-existent" at this point, along with the following long-term needs of mine:

1998 Leaf Rookies and Stars Brad Fullmer Freshman Orientation Samples
1998 Leaf Rookies and Stars Paul Konerko Freshman Orientation Samples
1998 Leaf Rookies and Stars Brad Fullmer Major League Hard Drives Samples
1998 Pinnacle Totally Certified Brad Fullmer Mirrors
1999 Topps Brad Fullmer MVP Promotion
2000 Topps Brad Fullmer MVP Promotion

And I'll say it anyway: If anyone has leads on any of the above-mentioned cards, please let me know.

Jan 14, 2009
Oh, and what about the non-serial numbered ones? I believe I saw a Mark Grace pop up somewhere recently. Anyone else own one of those?

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
I've only seen one other copy and it was the regular, non-checklist version. Very tough to find.

1999%20Upper%20Deck%20Exclusives%20Level%201%20Large.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I owned a John Rocker Level 2 #'ed 9/10 that I stupidly traded off in a deal last summer. Pulled it from a pack and almost creamed myself. The shop I traded it to still has it so I may be able to get it if anyone needs it, depending what he's charging for it.

I also have a Bobby Abreu Level 1 #'ed /100, bought it for 25¢ at the same shop mentioned above. There's almost 100 on COMC at really good prices, I just picked up a David Ortiz for $5 and a Curt Schilling Season Highlight (same as in schillingfan's post) for $2.40.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Picked up my Gaetti #/100 so long ago, I can't remember what I paid for it! But I remember Blowout had two--TWO!--of the #/10 for a BIN of $68. for a long time. Haven't seen them listed for awhile, so either they kept them or someone with deeper pockets than me nabbed them. Sure would like to add one to the PC, though.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Level 1 99UPPERDECKEXCLUSIVES.jpg Level 2 99UPPERDECKEXCLUSIVES2.jpg

Only have one Level 1, it's serial numbered to his Jersey #017/100, so never bothered to pick up another.

The Level 2's are a different story. Level 2 First Series UD were 1/1's. Level 2 Second Series were #/10. Grace was first series, so theoretically a 1/1. Last year I picked up one, but it is not serial numbered. Not sure where it came from (besides eBay) - probably replacement stock.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
I've got multiple copies of the Mariano Rivera base (one sold for cheap last night) and MR Foreign Focus subset. I've also got the FF 1/1.

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
I have only seen a couple of Fryman level 1, easily less than 10 and probably no more than 5 really that I can recall. He was a first series as well, so Level 2 was a 1/1. I was fortunate enough to find it though.

99UDExclusives1.jpg
99UDExlLevl2Front.jpg99UDExlc2back1of1.jpg

Jan 14, 2009
So as it stands, it's safe to say that three copies on average of most players have been spotted. That is pretty low considering how much product was broken.

Even if you consider twenty or so collectors building complete sets, there is still a large chunk unaccounted for.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Bringing this thread back from the dead. Does anyone have any new information regarding the Series 1, level 2 exclusives and why some would not be serial numbered? Are we still essentially dealing with a 1/1?

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I ask since the Grace above is noted as not being serial numbered. We're not dealing with Pinnacle so I can't see it being a backdoor issue.

I've seen backdoored cards from every company...even though I have seen relatively few from UD I wouldn't automatically discount them being backdoored if they are unnumbered.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
I've seen backdoored cards from every company...even though I have seen relatively few from UD I wouldn't automatically discount them being backdoored if they are unnumbered.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Not discounting it entirely but it seems unlikely. Also, considering how infrequently these come around.

EmeraldRain

Aug 21, 2008
Seattle, WA.
The blank backs (missing serial #) were most likely leftover replacement stock. I say this because I sent one in for replacement and I got one back but the serial number on the back was done with gold pen instead of being foil stamped. I believe the serial number was the exact same as the one sent in. Considering the time that has passed I cannot say 100% is was the same # but these blank numbered cards are replacement stock imo. I'll try to find the card and post a scan unless someone else has one.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
The blank backs (missing serial #) were most likely leftover replacement stock. I say this because I sent one in for replacement and I got one back but the serial number on the back was done with gold pen instead of being foil stamped. I believe the serial number was the exact same as the one sent in. Considering the time that has passed I cannot say 100% is was the same # but these blank numbered cards are replacement stock imo. I'll try to find the card and post a scan unless someone else has one.

Great information, thanks!

Hard to say whether they would have bothered hand numbering 1/1 replacements and you'd think there would have been a flood on the market if replacement stock was backdoored/released.

EmeraldRain

Aug 21, 2008
Seattle, WA.
I also wanted to clarify, that I am talking about series 1 with the black box on the back where the serial number goes. I haven't seen any blank or replacement for series 2 but I am guessing it's possible they could be out there as well.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I wish someone can get a definite answer on these series two cards with the black area. I was leery of these but did not want to pass up adding this one if they are something good so I grabbed one:
1999UpperDeckExclusivesLevel2156.jpg

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
I wish someone can get a definite answer on these series two cards with the black area. I was leery of these but did not want to pass up adding this one if they are something good so I grabbed one:
1999UpperDeckExclusivesLevel2156.jpg

I have been cataloging these on Zistle whenever I see them - http://www.zistle.com/library/subsets/61653-1999-upper-deck-exclusives-level-2

The Nomar Garciaparra, Mark Grace, Paul O'Neill, and Rusty Greer have no serial #. Travis Fryman and Mariano Rivera have the 1/1 stamp. Guess it will be impossible to know unless a duplicate copy of a card with and without serial # is found. The O'Neill card is series 1 and should be a 1/1.

d1ad6edf5c94f3f696e71c961fa203ab1eb45d7b.display.jpg
cb5c03bbdd928876fe9013d38cd61da92d9828de.display.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts