Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
The 24kt cards are some of my favorites. Someone contacted me about a year or more ago telling me they actually just pulled it from a pack. They truly are a beautiful parallel from an already beautiful set. It blows my mind that it was pulled over 15 years after it having been released. It makes you wonder how many out there will ever see the light of day ... and not stuck to the back of another card due to heat/humidity!

Untitled-4.jpg

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Rob, not a dumb question at all - check this out from the August 1999 Beckett; better question is how much/little?

Thanks Rodney,

That is pretty darn cool. they seem to pop for sure. I remember a few years ago I purchased a card from eBay and the seller mistakenly sent me around 20 very nice Jerry Rice cards by accident (Yes I returned them immediately) but one of them was the 98 Brilliants 24K which is/was the only one I have ever seen in person. I remember thinking how cool that card looked in person. Now I know why.. I have always had a thing for precious metals ;) Good stuff.

Dec 4, 2008
Wow, what impressive honesty! A cool story. I have had that happen a couple of times where I was not so lucky with my accidental shipments.

Thanks Rodney,

That is pretty darn cool. they seem to pop for sure. I remember a few years ago I purchased a card from eBay and the seller mistakenly sent me around 20 very nice Jerry Rice cards by accident (Yes I returned them immediately) but one of them was the 98 Brilliants 24K which is/was the only one I have ever seen in person. I remember thinking how cool that card looked in person. Now I know why.. I have always had a thing for precious metals ;) Good stuff.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Picked these guys up because well, at those prices it's a win/win whether or not you shake out the proof story.

uanIC5v.jpg

Definitely embossed.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Picked these guys up because well, at those prices it's a win/win whether or not you shake out the proof story.

uanIC5v.jpg

Definitely embossed.

Might as well... Being he has multiple players, the proof story makes more sense then 1 or 2 random ones. Having the UD Ramirez as well with the hole makes it a lil strange but like you said, pricing is worth it.

Ryan

Last edited:

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
And, in case anyone was interested, other than the Walker listed currently he does not have any other players in refractor versions.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Got mine in today as well. Was my second most wanted card, so even with a hole in it, I couldn't hit buy it now fast enough. Hopefully one without a hole will surface eventually, but in the mean time this will do!
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1463093309.720714.jpg

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
Those 24k cards certainly are breathtaking! I'll never own one of my player, so I get a lot of enjoyment out of the cards that all of you display.

Ryan, do you think someone got a great deal on those Arod cards, given all the problems that he has had?

Mail day yesterday!

Picked up a sweet 1999 Upper Deck MVP Bat Relic and a 1998 Donruss Production Line Slugging Percentage # 143/646

Oddly, I was bidding on another Production Line SP and was stopped out, saw this one for less and listed as the wrong year, so grabbed it.

Just need the On Base Percentage now to complete the rainbow.

attachment.php

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 225

Members online