Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Redemptions.....I just can't understand it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I can understand why Topps can't send out cards that they don't have in hand. I can at least logically wrap my head around it.

But what about cards that have been live for months, if not a calendar year?

Such as these

Jose Fernandez Topps Finest Green Refractor Autograph

Addison Russell Bowman Sterling Refractor Autograph

2012 Matt Kalil Topps chrome autograph + blue wave pack (obviously the blue wave pack is where the value is)

Is there any rhyme or reason in the world why these aren't shipped? And these have been redeemed for months?

Come on Topps. At the Industry Summit last year you told all of us that the process was changing, was getting better, faster, would all be done in house, blah blah blah. Put up or shut up

skrip

Last edited:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I actually read about someone who works for Topps' home office waiting over a year for a redemption.

But didn't things get better for a while in the early summer last year?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
But what about cards that have been live for months, if not a calendar year?

Here's what is going on with my pending redemption.

The card is live but my redemption is still pending. BS excuse from Topps is that they only made a few (the ones that are live) and are waiting for the athlete to return more stickers in order to make the rest including mine. I am not going to hold my breath waiting because I figure they don't care to make the rest so they can use that athlete's stickers on higher end products rather than do the honorable thing and fulfill the older outstanding redemptions. I suppose finishing up Topps Update redemptions is not as important as having that athlete in Triple Turds, Museum Collection, Tier, etc.

If the cards you mentioned are live but you don't have the redemption fulfilled, it's probably the same Topps BS.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
They're writing checks their body can't cash. It will blow up one day... When? I don't know but it is not if but when.

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
The truth hurts...

I think his point is not about the truth of your statement, but that every single time Topps gets mentioned, you make the exact same statement. It's like you just cut and paste it and it really adds nothing of value to the discussion.

If I am misconstruing #MrMet 's point, I apologize, but I think that is what he is saying.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I think his point is not about the truth of your statement, but that every single time Topps gets mentioned, you make the exact same statement. It's like you just cut and paste it and it really adds nothing of value to the discussion.

If I am misconstruing #MrMet 's point, I apologize, but I think that is what he is saying.

No, you're right. It is copy/paste haha. Makes me laugh every time

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos

Mac is right, you nailed it

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Its not just topps. With Leaf i am waiting on a Aaron Nola auto/gu patch card. They have put a few of the accual card in packs but redemptioned the rest for some reason. And now i sit and wait.....

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

On a serious note, and not to belittle Nick...but he isn't as heavily(if at all) involved in busting wax and having to suffer through the redemption process like the rest of the board. His train of thought is understandable, his emotions...not so much.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I sent in FOUR redemptions on same day and have a contest on another site ref order they come back ---------------- if ever .

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
On a serious note, and not to belittle Nick...but he isn't as heavily(if at all) involved in busting wax and having to suffer through the redemption process like the rest of the board. His train of thought is understandable, his emotions...not so much.

That he doesn't bust wax or go through the redemption process himself actually makes the Pavlovian copy and paste response even more perplexing to me. But, if it makes him happy and boosts his post count, then good for him.

yanxchick

Dec 5, 2009
I actually read about someone who works for Topps' home office waiting over a year for a redemption.

But didn't things get better for a while in the early summer last year?

Not sure if you're referring to me, but since I just wrote a couple of days ago on Twitter how I had been waiting for a card for almost a year, I just want to clarify. I never named the company that owes me a redemption. But since there may be an assumption being made here, it's not Topps. My point of the tweet was to let collectors know I get the problem and understand their frustrations.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Not sure if you're referring to me, but since I just wrote a couple of days ago on Twitter how I had been waiting for a card for almost a year, I just want to clarify. I never named the company that owes me a redemption. But since there may be an assumption being made here, it's not Topps. My point of the tweet was to let collectors know I get the problem and understand their frustrations.

My bad, I assumed you were talking about Topps. And yeah, the point was that you Understand the Frustration of it all...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts