Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Weirdest" place you've bought or found cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Interesting thread here about a member buying a large lot of cards while living in Australia.

So that made me think of this thread and there's several ways to answer the subject obviously.

Here's mine:

About ten years at a show in HAWAII, I found a table which had several OPC Munson cards in awesome shape.

He was just a guy who decided to set up a table there and by no means did shows or online at all.

So I had to ask him how he got so many OPC cards living in Hawaii and he told he to live in border when was a kid.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
my wife and I were at a Antique Festival in August last year and as she was looking at some FireKing glassware, under the table was a milk crate full of cards and she called me over to fiddle through it and I stumbled upon a Donnie Baseball RC.

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
The weirdest place I have ever found cards was inside a metal box in an abandoned burned out car in the desert.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
About two years ago, a mom/pop mini Mart near work had '99 (I think) Crown Royale in there.

Nothing exciting in the packs but still cool...

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Found a few 1977 Topps singles at a dump as a kid (this was probably early 80s, so they weren't that old to begin with. I was digging around hoping to find the "source", but never did.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
The weirdest would probably have to be at a convenience store back in the late 90's ... what was strange about it was they were selling 1989 topps and score traded sets. I asked if I could just get the Griffeys and the Belles and they said yes!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Members of the old Beckett boards would get it. It was an elaborate and entirely fictional story a member shared about his adventure finding some cards.

OK gotcha!

I was worried "Rain Man" ended differently than I remember and Cruise crapped out in Vegas and just torched the whole thing...:eek:

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
At the Roger's Centre they still have card vending machines. They're the kind with the coil things that turn and the item drops down to the door that you open to retrieve it. Problem is many of the cards are not in any sort of protection so the drop would certainly damage it.

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Once went to a catch-all Yard Sale at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. Found a guy with a milk crate full of 1975-76 Topps Basketball cards for $45. Had all the stars. Nearly put 3 sets together from it. Eventually did.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I met up with a guy in a gas station parking lot in the middle of the night to pick up my Purple Crusades

1998PURPLECRUSADES.jpg

Members online

Latest posts