Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Radicards® Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
How did that A-rod mirror gold get away for only $799? Ungraded, but still!!
Also, what's the story behind those 1995 Score Gold Rush redemptions?

Great article, videos, and podcasts...I really enjoy your breakdown and analysis on all aspects of the hobby. Keep up the fantastic work!

Thanks! :)

RE: 1995 Score Gold Rush Redemptions. Back in '95, collectors could collect and exchange a full Gold Rush team set for a Platinum Team set of the same team via Pinnacle's then redemption program for 1995 Score Platinum Team. Once the Gold Rush set was received, Pinnacle would take the star player card of that team and punch it with a Pinnacle logo and send that card back along with the Platinum Team set to the customer. Thing is, they only did this for a very brief time before they decided to just send the Platinum Team set. This is why these punched cards are so incredibly impossible to find.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Thanks! :)

RE: 1995 Score Gold Rush Redemptions. Back in '95, collectors could collect and exchange a full Gold Rush team set for a Platinum Team set of the same team via Pinnacle's then redemption program for 1995 Score Platinum Team. Once the Gold Rush set was received, Pinnacle would take the star player card of that team and punch it with a Pinnacle logo and send that card back along with the Platinum Team set to the customer. Thing is, they only did this for a very brief time before they decided to just send the Platinum Team set. This is why these punched cards are so incredibly impossible to find.

They actually punched all the Gold Rush cards in the team set and sent them back, not just the star player.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
They actually punched all the Gold Rush cards in the team set and sent them back, not just the star player.

That's interesting because I've never seen any other player for the White Sox besides Frank Thomas. Is there a place online that confirms that? I'm not doubting you; I'm just curious. Thanks.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
That's interesting because I've never seen any other player for the White Sox besides Frank Thomas. Is there a place online that confirms that? I'm not doubting you; I'm just curious. Thanks.

There are a couple of threads on this board about it. I have a punched Jeff Frye in my collection and he certainly isn't a star out of the Rangers set that included Will Clark and Jose Canseco.

1995-score-gold-rush-redeemed.jpg

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...sh-Redemption-(Punched)?p=2328211#post2328211 is one of the threads here about it and includes pics of the Frank Thomas as well as the punched White Sox Checklist.

Last edited:

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
These are so rad. Here's mine:

1995-score-gold-rush-pinnacle-redemption-1a.jpg

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
Very nice. There are also versions out there, at least of some players, that are punched in the corner diagonally opposite of the normal spot.

Yea, I've got that noted on my CL. I know one Thomas collector who owns both variations. If I don't ever see the variation, I'm completely happy with the one I have. If possible, I'd love to get a Chicago White Sox CL with the same stamp.

Last edited:

Members online