Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lineups -- do you agree with your manager?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Red Sox lineup looks okay, but I think Bogaerts should be 2nd, Benintendi 3rd, Devers 5th and HanRam 6th. I'd leave Betts 1st and JD cleanup.

How is your team's lineup looking?

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Only the second Cards game today so not much of a sample for this year but both lineups have been the same save the pitcher.

1. Fowler 9
2. Pham 8
3. Carpenter 5
4. Ozuna 7
5. Martinez, J 3
6. Molina 2
7. DeJong 6
8. Wong 4
9. Wacha 1

I can't gripe about this one too much if Matheny insists on playing Jose Martinez over Jedd Gyorko. Carpenter is not a good defensive third baseman and I don't like Martinez at first either but they do have the best bats of the three guys. Wong and DeJong are good enough defenders to cover up most of the defensive deficit.

I might swap Molina and DeJong in the order but that's pretty inconsequential.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I guess everyone else is just fine-and-dandy with their team's lineup? Hmm.

No, I am. The Mariners are sht so far.

You have a lefty and righty hitting 1st basemen... your righty hitter has a 40 point spread between handling lhp and rhp. your lefty hitter is also probably a better hitter overall. do you bat the L against rhp? of course! . . . well. . . unless you're the Mariners. :( This is the second game where its happened and Healy has looked like garbage, why do they even have Vogelfat on the roster?? He cant be a fielding or runner replacement, I guess he is just "filler"

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
No, I am. The Mariners are sht so far.

You have a lefty and righty hitting 1st basemen... your righty hitter has a 40 point spread between handling lhp and rhp. your lefty hitter is also probably a better hitter overall. do you bat the L against rhp? of course! . . . well. . . unless you're the Mariners. :( This is the second game where its happened and Healy has looked like garbage, why do they even have Vogelfat on the roster?? He cant be a fielding or runner replacement, I guess he is just "filler"

He is good at taking up space.

Members online

Latest posts