Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Photo game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
The posts from [MENTION=2442]mchenrycards[/MENTION] got me thinking of a fun little game, well, I hope you think it's fun. I have a book called "Summer in the City: New York Baseball 1947 - 1957", so I thought it would be fun to take a piece of a photo and let you guys decide what was happening. Caption the photo, make up a story, whatever you want, just have fun with it. After a few, I'll come back and give the real story along with the full pic. If it goes well we can keep it going. So let's kick it off... Here's your first snippet:

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1395192109.499122.jpg

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
No doubt the advertisement introducing that new diamond back's $25 monster stuffed corn dog.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mellowturtle

Feb 3, 2014
It's obvious to me that this is an umpire. My guess is that he called a third strike on a big guy (possibly Hack Wilson) who didn't take too kindly to the ruling. Well, Hack decided to show that umpire what he thought about the call, and picked him up by his chest protector and tossed him into the dirt behind home plate. The umpire, with a renewed sense of survival, looked at Hack and said (and this is your caption), "After much consideration, I do believe you're right. That was, in fact, Ball 1."

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
A few more hours, and I'll reveal the whole photo, and what actually happened in it, and start a thread for the next photo piece

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1395259001.121160.jpg

And the actual picture caption says: Cardinal catcher Bill Sarni, down on one knee, looks towards plate umpire Art Gore who sprawls near screen in third inning at Ebbets Field. Foul pop by Dodgers' Billy Cox drops untouched. Sarni and Gore collided as Sarni raced back in attempt to make the grab and Gore went along to make sure the catch is legal. Given another chance, Cox singled.

Members online

No members online now.