Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Still waiting on a 2012 Five Star Felix Hernandez redemption, should I keep waiting?

Should I keep waiting or get a replacement

• Keep waiting, they will eventually make the card

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Get a replacement, this card will never be made

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
I'm still waiting on a 2012 Topps Five Star Felix Hernandez Auto redemption. I'm pretty patient and I'd really like to have this card, do you guys think it will ever be made? Should I keep waiting or should I ask for a replacement? Let me know what you think, If it's going to be made I think I will keep waiting, but if they can't get it done in 3 years what's going to change where they get it done this year? Would they just try and stiff me on it or would they eventually send something?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'm really on the fence. The pro to waiting is that Topps may eventually make the card.

The pros to replacement is that you will get something.

Cons are you may see the card go live with Topps still owing you the card and Topps CS feeding you the BS line about how the athlete still owes them stickers to complete that autograph insert and that since it's the offseason, they expect the remainder of the stickers to be returned. In my mind, Topps probably stole stickers from the 2013 Topps Update auto card inventory for that athlete to make the newer auto cards of him plus if he hasn't fulfilled his agreement to sign in one offeseason, why would he sign this offseason?

Another con to replacement is that they'll lube up and ream you with the athlete card they send you as a replacement as chances are really great you will get a below equivalent value replacement.

Last edited:

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Replace it. Make sure to call them though and give them players that you feel comfortable replacing your card with. It is unlikely that the card will be made, if it already has not been made. Then down the road, if the card ever does go live, you should be able to pick it up for less than you paid for the redemption. That set is over two years old and most have moved on.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I'm really on the fence. The pro to waiting is that Topps may eventually make the card.

The pros to replacement is that you will get something.

Cons are you may see the card go live with Topps still owing you the card and Topps CS feeding you the BS line about how the athlete still owes them stickers to complete that autograph insert and that since it's the offseason, they expect the remainder of the stickers to be returned. In my mind, Topps probably stole stickers from the 2013 Topps Update auto card inventory for that athlete to make the newer auto cards of him plus if he hasn't fulfilled his agreement to sign in one offeseason, why would he sign this offseason?

Another con to replacement is that they'll lube up and ream you with the athlete card they send you as a replacement as chances are really great you will get a below equivalent value replacement.

Replace it. Make sure to call them though and give them players that you feel comfortable replacing your card with. It is unlikely that the card will be made, if it already has not been made. Then down the road, if the card ever does go live, you should be able to pick it up for less than you paid for the redemption. That set is over two years old and most have moved on.

“Waiting hurts. Forgetting hurts. But not knowing which decision to take can sometimes be the most painful...”

I'm waiting on a redemption from 2012 that I've requested replacement for 3 different times. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

“Then I thought, boy, isn't that just typical? You wait and wait and wait for something, and then when it happens, you feel sad.”

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Don't understand why you have to wait. He signed in a lot of topps product that year. OH! I forgot its TOPPS...
good luck.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
Thanks for the reply's everyone I think I'm just going to keep waiting, I really want this card and hope it gets made, I also really wonder how Topps can think it's acceptable to drag these things out for years and years. If it ever arrives I'll send out a scan and a post. Thanks again for your thoughts on the subject.

Mike

Thanks for the reply's everyone I think I'm just going to keep waiting, I really want this card and hope it gets made, I also really wonder how Topps can think it's acceptable to drag these things out for years and years. If it ever arrives I'll send out a scan and a post. Thanks again for your thoughts on the subject.

Mike

Because Topps DOES NOT AND WILL NEVER care about its customers!

Members online

Latest posts