Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A new repack product!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
There are a few reasons for the "more to come" approach, two of which are:

- I'm still scanning cards.
- Original content cards are still being put together, literally.

Yes, I think I have enough big hits within the 1/1 category as well as the non-1/1 category. Then there are some fun aspects we're still working on. Hope to have those wrapped up this week.

Hopefully I'll be able to release all information by this time next week, if not sooner.

Ok , good luck. Some suggestions if you're listening. 320 scans, there shouldn't be a "still scanning" time. Get the scans done n a few days before promotion begins. If you can't accomplish that, scan stuff that makes people intrigued. A Sparky Anderson garbage cut, it doesn't help that makes your promo "kit".

Honest questions, would you pay $1400 for this? What is possibly commanding that price from a Sportscards standpoint?

Do you honestly feel people need the 70% original content? Is there a real demand other to fill the "legit" aspect?

If the product doesn't sell well and say 250 boxes don't sell, what's the plan? Will they get opened and the items hit the market?

I hate being negative on the product , hate being negative on someone's business efforts, but this just seems odd for the marketplace.

Ryan

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Another hobby pet peeve of mine is "unlicensed" when it isn't true.

"Broder" cards of the 80s/90s are unlicensed meaning the player, team or league did not receive money for use. Also, they did not give permission either.

Panini, leaf, sport kings, etc are NOT unlicensed.

They are licensed by the mlbpa or the depicted player unless a sketch it used or generic (panini not included).

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Another hobby pet peeve of mine is "unlicensed" when it isn't true.

"Broder" cards of the 80s/90s are unlicensed meaning the player, team or league did not receive money for use. Also, they did not give permission either.

Panini, leaf, sport kings, etc are NOT unlicensed.

They are licensed by the mlbpa or the depicted player unless a sketch it used or generic (panini not included).

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app
I see what you mean, but a lot of SportsKings is truly unlicensed in the way you define (though putting the label on its entirety is incorrect as you point out).

guru

Jun 25, 2014
Kentucky
I'm buying at least 2 boxes. I might bust a case.

A chance a that Beatles cut, the Babe Ruth Cut, the Jim Thorpe Cut, etc... was all I needed to see.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'm buying at least 2 boxes. I might bust a case.

A chance a that Beatles cut, the Babe Ruth Cut, the Jim Thorpe Cut, etc... was all I needed to see.

Curious , what value do you place on those 3 items ?

Almost $3k for a 1/160 chance basically (if 2 boxes) at those.

Ryan

Orangejello727

Jul 7, 2010
What has been discerned over on BO:

This is mostly non-sport.

This is 100% unlicensed.

30% is Sportkings garbage. 70% is new unlicensed garbage that doesn't have a history or reputation of Sportkings.

A fool and his money . . . . . . .

Can you verify that sportsking is garbage? Is this an opinion or fact?

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Fact Sportsking is garbage, but Sportkings is opinion. Just kidding.;) If it has my favorite player on it, I like it (or at least tolerate it), but the rest...
As fof the product itself, way way way too dang expensive. Not even remotely worth it.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Curious , what value do you place on those 3 items ?

Almost $3k for a 1/160 chance basically (if 2 boxes) at those.

Ryan

The Ruth is a 4-5k card. The Thorpe is 1500 maybe a little more and the Beatles could go mega high. That's really the big chase card I have seen. Although the Ruth would be a nice consolation.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
The Ruth is a 4-5k card. The Thorpe is 1500 maybe a little more and the Beatles could go mega high. That's really the big chase card I have seen. Although the Ruth would be a nice consolation.

Right , so you can buy the Thorpe for the price if a box or so. As of of now I see the Ruth and Beatles at out pricing the box.

Ryan

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Right , so you can buy the Thorpe for the price if a box or so. As of of now I see the Ruth and Beatles at out pricing the box.

Ryan

Correct. I don't like the product only because I know secondary sales pretty well. Ive been off items but more time than not im in the range. The SK stuff does not do well in the secondary market.

I am still trying to figure out the whole Prospect Rush nonsense. How much is the Kris Bryant 1/1 that everyone is buying the product for a chance to win actually worth? $10,000? $15,000 at most? The product retails for $5,000? How was this project even successful? Pay 1/3 of market value of a card for a chance at a 20% chance to win it? I do not feel sorry for one person that lost their cookies on that product. Simple math would have made it clear that this was a product you should stay far away from. If you have $5,000 to blow on sports cards, then you already won at life in my eyes. But when you give that 5,000 to some guy repacking and selling his collection, well then....

Orangejello727

Jul 7, 2010
The biggest issue with re pack products is the end buyer is too dumb to realize the gamble/risk at hand. Thats all it is. You dont mind losing $40 on a $50 box of bowman draft. But you go monkey nuts losing $1200 on a $2800 product??

All this nonsense on ROI talk. ROI is not for collectors. If you want positive returns, you shouldnt be busting wax in the first place. Wax is for gamblers and those who find value/entertainment value in paying $$ for busting. The value is found in the process of opening baseball packs and collecting. Not in sellings and seeing how much money you can make. Once you can differentiate the the two, only then can you realize the purpose of busting wax, re pack products and making money.

If I buy 5 cases of Bowman baseball for $3500 and tally up my cards, sell them off for $1000 does that mean busting Bowman baseball is a guarenteed losing proposition? If so, why do all you do it? You're losing money majority of the time and yet you're all still busting wax. Do you have absolutely no value for the process of collecting and busting packs?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I just can't see the value in the Sportskings piece of this product. If you give me a Bob Gibson Patch 1/1 from Sportskings as my main hit of the box, I would be IRATE. Loaded with unlicensed cards is going to make this a very tough sell in my opinion.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Any updates on this from the National?

How did a repack product filled with cards nobody really wanted the first time around do?

I'm curious too. Last heard from him on 6/29 and there were some ?'s still. Guru said he was buying...???

Ryan

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I checked the BO thread, only 57 pages ;) Product was delayed 3 weeks. Please go check the sales sheets in post one of that thread! State Flowers and Birds!

Ryan