Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

97 Score Regional Issue Cleveland

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 22, 2016
I wanted to throw this out there to those more familiar with these. Do the Cleveland boxes only have Tribe Collection cards or do they have those along with premier club? Someone wrote that there are different boxes. I just want to make sure I get my 1:31 pack premier club if I pop for a box. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Cool stuff. Never heard of or seen these before, til now. Saw a couple of pics of individual cards of this set. They look like they are die cut or just missing a triangular piece of card at the bottom middle of the card. Being a regional card I'm not sure how that works. Could be another card for me to chase.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
they are not die cut or missing any part of the card FYI. The boxes will have both platinum and premier club cards randomly inserted.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
1997scoreteam.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I think [MENTION=4682]RustyGreerFan[/MENTION] picked up a Indians box a lil while ago

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I wanted to throw this out there to those more familiar with these. Do the Cleveland boxes only have Tribe Collection cards or do they have those along with premier club? Someone wrote that there are different boxes. I just want to make sure I get my 1:31 pack premier club if I pop for a box. Thanks!

It's tough to tell, in my opinion, from the outside of the box. You are right, Cleveland had two completely separate regional issues that year. The second one was tied in to the All-Star Game at Jacobs Field. If the box says anything about the All-Star Game, it's probably the boxes that have Tribe Collection. It looks like the two currently available on ebay are both the kind you aren't looking for.

Jul 22, 2016
It's tough to tell, in my opinion, from the outside of the box. You are right, Cleveland had two completely separate regional issues that year. The second one was tied in to the All-Star Game at Jacobs Field. If the box says anything about the All-Star Game, it's probably the boxes that have Tribe Collection. It looks like the two currently available on ebay are both the kind you aren't looking for.
That is exactly the answer I was looking for. Thank you so much. If I buy a box I want a premier club. I asked the seller if the box mentioned odds on premier club and he gave me an answer about the tribe collection. Someone has a blog about this subject and I think the desired boxes say something about premier club on the side of the box.

Jul 22, 2016
Tribecards.net has info on 97 Score including this issue. Pretty informative.

Members online