Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️Wednesday Morning Thread☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=4259]CatdaddysCards[/MENTION] - Love the new sig, good stuff! I think I'm due for an upgrade eventually....

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good Morning Gents! Hump day and getting close to the weekend. We have about quarterly potluck at work today so some good eats are on the horizon.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Well I'm done with my test from this morning. It took right around three hours, more if you count registering and then the computer problems. Total, I was probably there for 3.5 hours, but 45 minutes of waiting for them to get the computers working and us signing in. It was the most strict testing environment I've ever been in. We could not wear jackets, not even sweatshirts, we had to empty all of our pockets, our phones couldn't even be brought into the room, and then after we emptied our pockets they had to pass a wand over us like a security guard at the airport :lol: Somebody asked what happens if somebody was wearing steel toed boots, and the lady said that she makes them take them off. I couldn't believe it lol.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Well I'm done with my test from this morning. It took right around three hours, more if you count registering and then the computer problems. Total, I was probably there for 3.5 hours, but 45 minutes of waiting for them to get the computers working and us signing in. It was the most strict testing environment I've ever been in. We could not wear jackets, not even sweatshirts, we had to empty all of our pockets, our phones couldn't even be brought into the room, and then after we emptied our pockets they had to pass a wand over us like a security guard at the airport :lol: Somebody asked what happens if somebody was wearing steel toed boots, and the lady said that she makes them take them off. I couldn't believe it lol.

I took a test for ATT earlier this year that was exactly like this. You couldn't take any paper or pens or pencils or anything into the room and they had a person in a glass room watching everyone as they took the test. They gave us lockers outside the testing room to put everything in.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I took a test for ATT earlier this year that was exactly like this. You couldn't take any paper or pens or pencils or anything into the room and they had a person in a glass room watching everyone as they took the test. They gave us lockers outside the testing room to put everything in.

I completely understand the whole no phones policy, but I couldn't even keep my sweatshirt on. Granted, I didn't need it, but its just a little crazy. At least you guys got lockers, we got the 1 gallon Ziploc bags to put all of our stuff in, including my sweatshirt.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I completely understand the whole no phones policy, but I couldn't even keep my sweatshirt on. Granted, I didn't need it, but its just a little crazy. At least you guys got lockers, we got the 1 gallon Ziploc bags to put all of our stuff in, including my sweatshirt.

These are the kind of odd rules that I always wonder what happened to make that a rule. Someone might have stitched a cheat sheet into their clothes at one point :)

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Thanks for the sig compliments guys. They really need to go to Brad though.

I have all but confirmed that the Griffey, I found in a purchased collection, is an 89 TT Tiffany. Glossy front, brighter back, white card stock and not grayish. Even has the extra asterisk on the back (by Topps) that some have rumored to be a sign. Only other 89 Topps I had, was this beat up Bonds. It works for comparison sake though.

Griff0001_zpse099a2cb.jpg

Griff0002_zpsde778818.jpg

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Thanks for the sig compliments guys. They really need to go to Brad though.

I have all but confirmed that the Griffey, I found in a purchased collection, is an 89 TT Tiffany. Glossy front, brighter back, white card stock and not grayish. Even has the extra asterisk on the back (by Topps) that some have rumored to be a sign. Only other 89 Topps I had, was this beat up Bonds. It works for comparison sake though.

Griff0001_zpse099a2cb.jpg

Griff0002_zpsde778818.jpg

Great find Steve! I have one too, but the damn corners are cut funky ;)

january3.jpg

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH !!! just got off phone with hospital ----------------- Monday add a scar confirmed .
NOTICE ; I didn't say ------ this morning LOL

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Good evening all!
Sad to hear about anybody with addiction issues. I've not been personally affected by anything worse than cigarettes (not me but literally everyone else in my family) but my heart still goes out to those who have.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Afternoon all. Flat tire is off for repair, off work early, received a little mail and best news of all.. while my mom has been confirmed to have cancer it isn't the heavily lethal bladder/stomach they thought it was. It's another kind that responds really well with chemo and is considered beatable. So instead of surgery and a month in hospital then months of home care she's having a tube put in and starting chemo right away. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best but this is much better news than we were initially led to believe.

I have a few cards to takes pics later hopefully to go out to my MT brethren.

Mail

Attachments

• 1418251579274.jpg
    1418251579274.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 15

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Just took my last in class final for the day. I'm going to be working on my take home final that is due tomorrow though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online