Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
This had been on my wantlist for awhile. 110-year old goodness.

Awesome find Brad. I love the look of those uniforms.
[MENTION=2289]Zan[/MENTION] It's not like my wife knows or cares anything about cards. I just bought the thing (with her approval) for her to give to me. I've tried to give her a list of my wants, the prices I'm willing to pay and where to buy each one that I have located so she could surprise me. She doesn't want anything to do with it. She just says go buy a card. I consider that better than her not agreeing to spend our money on cardboard.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
This had been on my wantlist for awhile. 110-year old goodness.

s-l1200.jpg

As one Cub fan to the other, that's absolutely killer. Tinkers to Evers to Chance; 3 Fingers Brown; Orval Overall; has them all!

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Nice!! Love Obaks....only have 1 myself. Great looking set.

You building the set or just a spur of the moment pickup?

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Wasn't sure where to post this one, but since it is a nice autograph of a vintage player, I thought here was the best spot!!!
DANNY

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
And with this pickup, I think I have acquired every vintage card (1950-1965) issued that has an image of Don Zimmer on it. 1962 Topps Venezuelan's are not easy. I'll keep an eye out for a nicer example in the future. But at least it did not have paper loss on the back, as many album-mounted Venezuelans display.

s-l1200.jpg

Collecting Zim — 1950-1965 Cards

Great pickup Brad! Venezuelans are for sure a tough one, especially graded! A PSA 1 is good for these!

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
20170320_155149.jpg

I went a little crazy with the vintage Reach and Spalding publications. I love them because they're authentic from the time period, still somewhat scarce judging by how many get listed, contain tons of amazing photos of all the big HoFers, and are a fraction of the price of Cards. There are some great pics of everyone and some nice write ups on the blacksox. I'm a little distraught though as I just got the 1921 Reach in and it's been butchered. Many pictures have been cut out including a full page Ruth photo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
View attachment 68679

I went a little crazy with the vintage Reach and Spalding publications. I love them because they're authentic from the time period, still somewhat scarce judging by how many get listed, contain tons of amazing photos of all the big HoFers, and are a fraction of the price of Cards. There are some great pics of everyone and some nice write ups on the blacksox. I'm a little distraught though as I just got the 1921 Reach in and it's been butchered. Many pictures have been cut out including a full page Ruth photo.

Awesome! Would love to dive into those on a winter night

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Gonna have to change my name to "chucky216brs" :razz:

20170320_210724_zpstnjvldxn.jpg

Goes very nicely with these:

20170225_112513_zpsltnxfudb.jpg

-Scott

-PS - Look out for a real nice mailday tomorrow!

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
View attachment 68679

Those are awesome. Magazines in general are super undervalued. I'd love to see close ups or any other old baseball magazines.

Scott F

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts