Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Opening Night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Simple question? How do you feel about it?

I for one am not a fan. I don't need an extra game the night before. Keep it classic, keep it traditional, Opening Day all the way.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Simple question? How do you feel about it?

I for one am not a fan. I don't need an extra game the night before. Keep it classic, keep it traditional, Opening Day all the way.

It's way more tolerable than that "Opening Series" Bullshine

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Opening Night is a waste. I remember last season watching the opening night game then turning to MLB Network to see the highlights of the game and all MLB Network had on was a constantly repeating season preview show.

Why bother with opening night if even MLB Network doesn't give a rats ass about the game.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
I like it because I am at work on opening day, so I miss almost all of the games.
This year I believe my Cardinals open so I am kind of excited. If my team
was not playing I would still watch though. I almost always watch Sunday night games
on ESPN.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
And now MLB plans on starting all games on closing night at the same time.:confused:

yes, apparently for the drama of how a fanbase of one team during games with playoff implications can go from the high of highs to the low of lows as scores come in from another game.

Personally, I would rather have them spaced out so I could watch live quite a bit of each game with playoff implications rather than one game and have to watch the others in the MLB.TV archives. What would be awesome is "flex" like the NFL and put one of those playoff implication games in Sunday primetime on ESPN on short notice, especially if it's a game where a team will make the postseason or miss the postseason depending on if they win or lose and don't also need help from any of the sunday afternoon games.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Every opening day game should start at the exact same time, no time zone exceptions. All at noon Central time.

All of them HAVE to be at the exact same time for the integrity of the game. No night games, no evening games, and heaven forbid no late night starts.

It's what's best for baseball.

It's called Opening DAY for a reason.

^^^^^
This is what you sound like rsmath.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
No problem with it, kinda cool as long as it's in THIS country.

But [MENTION=3127]Super Mario[/MENTION] 's idea of 10AM games out West isn't going to work...

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
No problem with it, kinda cool as long as it's in THIS country.

so Opening Series Cuba in 2017 isn't going to work for you? ;)

But @Super Mario 's idea of 10AM games out West isn't going to work...

going to love those MLBers complain that it will feel like the minor leagues again, where some milb
school day matinees start as early as 10am local.

all opening day games should be 3pm ET so it can be lunchtime in the west/mountain and working people in the central/east can catch the later innings while driving home or getting home.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
so Opening Series Cuba in 2017 isn't going to work for you? ;)

Actually, since it would be a historically significant event in a long overdue "rivalry", and it is in the same time zone as part of the US, I'd be OK with it.

The 2-6AM games in Asia or Australia were just stupid IMO...

Members online

Latest posts