Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew - June 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Sims is probably better than the average MLB announcer these days as announcing seems to be a low point right now. . . but within Ms organization they have a few better such as Rizz, Goldsmith, Blowers etc. They have always been stacking on announcers over the years, thats the one thing I will always give them credit for.

As for chess the best way to get better is probably to start resigning games vs the stronger players (no joke) Chess is the only game I can think of where its considered good etiquette resign when you're helplessly lost. If you're multiple units down and have no counterplay vs a good player resigning is nice because they will then show you where you went wrong..... whereas if a guy delays the inevitable vs me for 15 minutes extra I am done afterwords. . . that was his extra time.

So get those sexy forfeit wins vs the guys who have a stroke at the table and resign vs everyone else. .. foolproof strategy!! :lol:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Wow, going hard after ol' Scioscia! Not saying he doesn't deserve it though ;-)

At least the Angels will probably finish above .500. Cannot say the same for my wretched Rockies. After all the preseason and early season BS, they are showing that, yet again, they are who they always have been. No way anyone could have seen that coming!

They are the absolute definition of a mediocre baseball team. All you need to know about that team is that in 25 years in existence, they have never won their division. If they were average, just average, you'd expect 5 division titles in a 5 team division in 25 years. But the organization, and the team, are not average. They are mediocre. Front office can't find quality free agents, can't pull off a trade for anyone worth a sh!t. I always look at pre-season reviews from ESPN etc about how each team did during the off season. Rockies? Usually a C or worse. Sometimes not even mentioned at all (seriously). That's what you get when you spend your time acquiring journeymen middle relief and utility infielders. We have a few quality homegrown players, but it's just never enough, especially on the mound. I can't even name all of our starting 5. That's partly my fault, but you know what? That's partly their fault too. And when they do pitch well, as they have been on occasion this season, our lineup can barely scrape together 3 runs.

Pitching well? Can't hit!
Hitting well? Can't pitch!
Losing blowouts?
Losing close games?

Yes and yes and yes and yes. That is what mediocre teams do. Win 2, lose 2. Win 1, lose 3. Win 3, lose 3. Win 1, lose 2. Pathetic. Except for one astonishing September, 10 years ago, that team has NEVER been good. EVER. In 25 years. Good thing the ownership continues to rake in loads of cash, that makes me feel better.

Off to bed. I've had a few in case you couldn't tell. But whether I'm inebriated or not, the Rockies still suck, as they always have, and as they always will.

That is true, certain teams play market victim to rake in money. Not only can you go cheap on free agents but teams underdraft players to save on slot space... very sneaky. It wasn't until 5 years ago or so when I looked into it that I realized the average playoff team doesn't make money. . . only consistent earners are teams that leech off the luxury rule and have taxpayers build their stadium. Geoff Baker articles (who wrote for TOR and SEA, 2 abusers of this way of doing business for a while) really hit hard.

The problem with the Rockies might be their park is still a bit too imbalanced to even pay for some good pitching (if they change their mind and pony up) I guess they could draft all pitching and overpay on hitting to try to win. Hard to imagine they haven't won a bit more considering that division has had its dumpy moments.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Wow, that's a blast from the past. :grouphug: I think Birdfan, Dpanthers and a lot of those guys got banned or moved on.... but that night chat in the live feed was fun back in the day.

wlalocal71

Aug 7, 2008
SoCal
I kept almost all my cards lol, including the kemp collection..long enough for him to rejoin the doyers. How have you guys been?

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
Someone firing off fireworks tonight.......Will set the police hearing machines off......as they pick up someone shooting in the night...Best regards, David

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Evening gents, work was exhausting and I just wanna drink til I can't feel feelings but the wife hit 39 weeks preggers today so I'm in the red zone, can't be the husband who was too drunk to drive his wife to the hospital...don't be that guy

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Oh man. Bummer. But probably the right call. I'll have one for you!

Evening gents, work was exhausting and I just wanna drink til I can't feel feelings but the wife hit 39 weeks preggers today so I'm in the red zone, can't be the husband who was too drunk to drive his wife to the hospital...don't be that guy

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Is it weird that I spank it to **** on the laptop while watching the game muted on the teli? I'd say my eyes are on the spanktube 60-70% of the time...closer to 50% if Trout is in the game cuz he's an exciting player. For years now I've been trying to recreate that moment when my team got the game winning hit and I made a fist pump at the same exact time I busted a nut to the ****. A mathematician told me the odds of it ever happening again are extremely improbable so I said, bring it on bro!

For those wondering, the answer is yes. I'm extremely socially awkward and lost touch with reality long, long ago. Psychiatrist says it has something to do with an anti-social personality disorder with extreme delusions of playdoh...or something like that.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
^^^seems funny, really...odd I guess is the word, but I'm not sure what to do with this information. Good luck...I guess...I'm really not sure

Members online