Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
Some Topps Proshooters Marbles got listed, about 8-9 different. Prices are high, but I picked up the Grace for $33. 2 Checklists (A&B) and a wrapper sold for $256 in August!

$_35.JPG
$_35.JPG

So Glad I grabbed the Brady a few years ago.
1997ToppsProShooters.jpg

hairyharold

Mar 20, 2014
i'll throw my new 1/1 on here...sent in for grading. upper left corner seems to be bent in, hoping it still returns with a silver 8.5 label

Attachments

• SCAN0001.jpg
    SCAN0001.jpg
    580.8 KB · Views: 48

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I've never included the 1994 Topps Winners cards in my Olerud pursuits, mainly because I never really knew which was which and and what's a reasonable price for each. This one shows up in my COMC searches:

From what I've read in another thread on FCB the "ABCD" cards are the big/valuable ones. Some "AB" cards seem to be listed on various sites for under a buck, so is this one really worth the $9.75 asking price?

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
I would agree, although I believe it is tied with...every other 1/1 in the world.

Good point! Technically that is true.

But there are a few factors -- obviously modern 1/1s are less rare en masse because there are so many issued every year. Even going back to the 90's though, many sets with 1/1s were star-heavy on the checklist, not so with LR&S. Also, many early sets had multiple 1/1s, even the Flair Legacy Masterpieces with the multiple rows and the Topps Gold Label with the multiple Classes. The most you could get in LR&S would be what Biggio had, a regular card and a Team Lineup.

Then above and beyond all those factors, the Holo Longevity are numbered 1/50 on the back so a good number of them are not saved / sold as 1/1s -- if you don't have a regular Longevity to compare to, it would be easy to think that all 50 had the holographic fronts. So a certain percentage of them are lost in the shuffle and thus harder to track down because of that.

Sooooo despite all 1/1s technically being the same rarity, I do feel that this card is a notch above :)

I would afford the same "extra credit" status to 1/1s that are in products with huge print runs that didn't get opened quickly or necessarily by hardcore collectors -- 2000 UD green Exclusives 1/1s are impossible to find for this reason.

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
i'll throw my new 1/1 on here...sent in for grading. upper left corner seems to be bent in, hoping it still returns with a silver 8.5 label

Dang. That counts as a top-notch toughie to me. Don't think I've ever seen another 1/1 from that set. Short base set, high cost of product when issued, product eventually tanked once JD Drew and Glaus AUs weren't big pulls.

What about 98SpX Finite? I think there were a few 1/1s in that product, but I've never seen any.

Members online