Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

An airing of grievances

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Some things about FCB do no work right.

We want to fix everything we can including what we don't know about.

What I would like is for you guys to outline what you don't like.

Issues can be technological or policy related.

In this thread, outline what you don't like. I will start.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I really hate it that the mobile app will not let you start a new thread. Something is broke or out of place on some phones where the menu button does not show up. On phones that have a physical button this isn't an issue, but as that goes away on newer phones we are asking for a mess by not including one in the software.

Now you go.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Chris - my biggest issue is that the mobile app just plain doesn't work for me (Android, Galaxy S6). I uploaded my screen pics and all in the other thread, no need to re-hash it here.

I have no issues with the web forum or rules/policies. Technically, once in a while, the images I upload for the tournaments don't work...I have been trying to figure out why most work and some don't. No luck yet. Same file format, same process, etc. with different results.

Just wish we could drum up more traffic! (Although, I am pretty dang happy with 20K views and 200+ posts in the current tournament!)

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Chris - my biggest issue is that the mobile app just plain doesn't work for me (Android, Galaxy S6). I uploaded my screen pics and all in the other thread, no need to re-hash it here.

I have no issues with the web forum or rules/policies. Technically, once in a while, the images I upload for the tournaments don't work...I have been trying to figure out why most work and some don't. No luck yet. Same file format, same process, etc. with different results.

Just wish we could drum up more traffic! (Although, I am pretty dang happy with 20K views and 200+ posts in the current tournament!)

I personally love what you are doing Torrence.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
I'm not sure what's actually going on, but I have an iPhone and if I close out the FCB app and try to reopen it, it usually takes about 10 tries for it to opens. It acts like it's starting to open it, then disappears. Could be my phone I guess, but it doesn't happen with any of my other apps. Not sure if this is a common problem.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Not being able to post multiple pictures on the app is the only frustration I have.

On an IPhone 5 running IOS 9 and everything else works fine-but the whole app freezes when I try to upload a second photo in a thread. Extremely frustrating and prevents me from posting more with pickups and other things.

Haven't seen the other issues that others report however, which I'm sure is why it's frustrating for you guys to figure out since the issues don't seem to be consistent.

Thanks,
Jeff

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I really hate it that the mobile app will not let you start a new thread. Something is broke or out of place on some phones where the menu button does not show up. On phones that have a physical button this isn't an issue, but as that goes away on newer phones we are asking for a mess by not including one in the software.

Isnt there code you put in the header to identify the type of phone, operating system being used? Doesnt Google change their android code quite often to avoid virus's and hackers, then release Android OTA updates through the various carriers or Wifi? It's been a while since I've dabbled in coding so I could be way off here. I know there are new phones coming out all the time, which would make the code change often, plus having to support older phones still in use. I think older phones being in use will become the norm now that the major cell carriers are no longer "giving" you a phone. You have to buy the phone for "$xx.xx" per month for the life of the contract. My phone is at least 2 years out of date and out of contract and I have no plans on upgrading as long as it funtional for what I need it for.

BTW: the FCB app works well for me on my HTC One phone.

Fordman

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Im on a galaxy S7. The funtionality of the buttons have changed. I can hold the right button (next to home button) to refresh but cannot start a thread.
Also as stated in other thread I have to open threads in the browser to see everyones replies.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
Im on a galaxy S7. The funtionality of the buttons have changed. I can hold the right button (next to home button) to refresh but cannot start a thread.
Also as stated in other thread I have to open threads in the browser to see everyones replies.

I am in the same boat. It seems all us Samsung Galaxy users have all the same problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
AiringofGrievances.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I switched from iPhone to Galaxy 6 about 2 weeks ago and since this is the thread to do it, I dislike the app as it stands. This doesn't really matter but when you open a thread , the first post is actually marked as post 3. Numbers1 n 2 being empty. Then the first parts of the threads don't load the text unless you scroll to a certain part on the screen and then it populates.

I have been posting pics in the 90s thread and the pictures always scramble themselves from what order I actually chose them. So a card back may end up 3 pictures down with an unrelated card instead of the card front it was loaded with.

There are definitely some other negatives (some positives too), but my main gripe (and there is a way and I just don't know how please tell me), is that I can't mark threads as "read" anymore wo clicking on them. It has slowed my desire to go to posts I care about in last few weeks. I used to be able to "slide" thread to mark it so it would go away and I didn't need to open it. I can't seem to see a way to do so now, as the only choices I see would possibly be "subscribe" or "share".

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Yes, not being able to post (that I know of ) a pic in a PM is a hindrance. And the inline pic option, what's the benefit of a duplicate pic? Can that option just be removed. What causes the pics to not load in order of upload?

And again since this is the thread to do this, I'd think the load page showing a storefront and store address that doesn't exist any longer should have an update.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Pinbreaker had the same gripe I did, about uploaded pics displayed twice in the post. I don't see a display inline button though...could you show where that is? Thanks.

I have no other gripes with FCB. I think it is a good message board. It's functional, the content is good, and my limited experience with members has been fine.

that would be the display inline button

Latest posts